GASOLINE OCTANE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
I'm honestly over it. At the end of the day, I'd take a bullet for K9 and I am pretty sure he'd do the same if we were out on the road. Now, where's that ppf thread?

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should start a law enforcement thread for people to vent. I have a son in law enforcement and I see the stress that he has. Never has there been a worse time to be in law enforcement. As a mechanic , if I mess up, I get my ass chewed, but there's no chance I'm going to prison. And long term effects of your job,ptsd, is something that you guys need to address. Its sad to see a thread get hijacked like this. Don't bring it here. I wish the best for you guys. I hope you can find peace during this holiday season, and stick to running a minimum of 91 octane in your raptor. :)

Reaction score
In Colorado lower octane is more common. We have 85,87,91. 93 is not available. At higher altitudes, the air is less dense. To maintain the air/fuel ratio, lower octane is acceptable. Unfortunate side affect is a loss of HP up here.

OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone should start a law enforcement thread for people to vent. I have a son in law enforcement and I see the stress that he has. Never has there been a worse time to be in law enforcement. As a mechanic , if I mess up, I get my ass chewed, but there's no chance I'm going to prison. And long term effects of your job,ptsd, is something that you guys need to address. Its sad to see a thread get hijacked like this. Don't bring it here. I wish the best for you guys. I hope you can find peace during this holiday season, and stick to running a minimum of 91 octane in your raptor. :)

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Certainly going into the top 5 most bizarre threads of the year...wow. Probably top 3.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K9 EXPERT

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all gasoline is the same. I live in Montana and have a vacation home in Sunvalley. Last night in Sunvalley, for the first time, I met my longtime neighbor who is from California and is some type of executive at Shell Oil. I asked him a bunch of questions about gasoline and he provided more information than I could begin to comprehend. Regardless, there is a product called Top Tier Gasoline. https://www.toptiergas.com/about-top-tier/

Major gasoline stations, like Shell and Chevron sell it everywhere. Apparently Costco sells it at most locations. However, a lot of other stations only sell it at a few select locations, or do not sell it at all. An example he used is Marathon, they sell it at a few stations. There is a map on the above link that can be used to find stations. There also should be a sticker on the pump.

As for the rant. Read between the lines. I may have provided some valuable information to individuals that have been issued a speeding ticket from the CHP, been arrested as a result of a speed stop, or had their vehicle impounded after being stopped for speed. Other than the personal attacks between me and Highway, read my last exchange with him carefully and ask yourself the reason he did not answer the questions about certifications. Then read this; https://steeringlaw.com/police-misconduct-articles/brady-list-and-pitchess-motions/

Basically if a cop is caught in a lie ANYWHERE, their career is toast. The cop’s credibility in court will always be called into question. A person just needs to know how to impeach a cop’s testimony and where to find evidence if the cop is not truthful.

As I wrote earlier, if two cops are asked the same question separately and told only one will keep their job if the question is answered truthfully, both will likely tell the truth. LE agencies have different policy and documentation requirements. Documentation and the Brady Rule is the CHP’s Achilles’ heel.

Now apply the following hypothetical scenario; If a doctor is required to obtain an annual certification to perform some type of surgery and after a patient died on the table, it was discovered that the doctor falsified the last certification, what will be the result? Because I still have many friends with the CHP, I will not provide further information. Having said that, I strongly suspect falsification within law-enforcement is a nationwide problem.

Attachments

• 1C426E69-8BB9-4EA7-A840-9F6F3445DF4C.jpeg
    1C426E69-8BB9-4EA7-A840-9F6F3445DF4C.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 7