Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great but LONG thread (1800 posts! and 40 pages)! Took a while but perhaps this thread could be closed and one for model years/generation specific be started to limit the pieces that are relegated to those years.

Great feedback from Livinitup and a few others that dig into the programming and thankful for all the knowledge and support!

Lol, you should check out the 2015-present F150 FORScan thread on the f150forum I started...it has over 21,000 posts and over 7 million views

FORScan threads will inevitably grow big very quickly so a lot of the same questions just have to be continually answered by by the patient people who were new to FORScan at some point themselves and can now give back to the community...there's just no way around it and separating it by year won't make a difference when there's very little change in the current generation of F150 year models IMO.

Last edited:

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to start the forscan process and backup my modules today. However when I try to save them I get a "unable to save log" error.

I am using the newest connector as recommended a couple pages back as well.

What am Idoing wrong?

Well I had time again today to try to backup my modules. Before I started I uninstalled and reinstalled forscan. My licenses good until March.

I am not able to do a backup. Any suggestions? When I try I get an error message. Here's a picture.

Looking for a solution. I'm not text stupid either, so I don't know what's going on.

I am using windows 10 ver. 1909

20200109_174632.jpg

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I had time again today to try to backup my modules. Before I started I uninstalled and reinstalled forscan. My licenses good until March.

I am not able to do a backup. Any suggestions? When I try I get an error message. Here's a picture.

Looking for a solution. I'm not text stupid either, so I don't know what's going on.

View attachment 135531

email FORScan at [email protected] and provide them your log files and they'll get back to you. Directions on sending log files here: https://forscan.org/contactus.html

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 135531

Have you tried right clicking on the forscan program and select Run As Administrator?

Spectragod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just came across this on the Ford PTS webpage................

Jan 10 2020 9380 - 2013-2020 Various Vehicles - Adding/Removing Features Using Programmable Parameters

Ford and Lincoln vehicle owner’s may request certain modifications be made to their vehicle such as enabling DRLs, adding navigation, changing tire/axle sizes,adding trailer brake control modules, etc. A list of supported parts that can be added to the vehicle is available at accessories.ford.com. For a list of all available features that can be programmed with the appropriate diagnostic scan tool, refer to the module configuration chart in PTS workshop section 418-01. Thefeatures listed in this section are the only features supported for reconfiguration using an appropriate diagnostic scan tool. Adding/Removing accessories and/or programming vehicle features is not warrantable.

I guess they are aware of people programming their features, just an FYI guys.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think they’re just saying that you can’t go into a dealer and say ‘hey, smurf’s truck has lincoln fold mirrors, mine doesn’t and no I’m not paying for it’.

Really, it’s been this way since ’17 when some of the buyers got their selling dealers to turn the fake engine noise off as part of the sale, but if you went back after you had to pay.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the dealership has had certain "programmable parameters" (customer preferences) that their IDS/FDRS would let them program for years but it's nothing compared to what you can do with FORScan. The attached image shows the only programmable parameters the dealership could do in the 2020 F150 BCM for example

H32JvZf.jpg

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My SVC rear bumper doesn’t have the rear sensors cut out so I eliminated them. Is there a way to turn off the rear sensors in forscan?