Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTheory

Reaction score
Just got forscan and it’s great so far, pretty easy stuff.

Any way to put the moon roof to one button push fully close and open? Also rear windows auto up?

Or am I stupid and missing something and it already does that some how?

Thanks

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got forscan and it’s great so far, pretty easy stuff.

Any way to put the moon roof to one button push fully close and open? Also rear windows auto up?

Or am I stupid and missing something and it already does that some how?

Thanks

Nope, no way to do either of those things.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...problem I seemed to be having was after the change the interior cabin lights flash as it's writing. That part seemed pretty normal. But then when I'd start driving the lights came back on again. If I used the switch to turn them off, only the front ones would turn off...rear seat stayed on.

So a bit more on this (or I'm a moron on this). When I finally made the change to 726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx so that I could write the values for DRL - Parking Lights and Low Beams Only...namely the change at 726-50-01 02xx it would mess up my truck. The front and rear cabin lights would stay on at all times. While truck was running they'd start to dim like they were turning off, then jump right back to full intensity...over and over and over. No way to turn them off. Even when you'd leave the truck and lock it the lights would stay on. Anyway, I went back to 726-50-01 108E (as built) and everything seems to be working fine.

So question, is the default function of DRLs on 2018s Parking Lights and Low Beams?? I tend to think that I was trying to force something that I already had. Doh! IDK, I give up...think it's all working how I want.

robbcwz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to add the actual temperature numbers above the water temp and the transmission temp gages; anyone close to Baton Rouge with the forscan tools who could be bribed into doing this since investing in the tools is not a good deal for me?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv, great work - post a pic! You are THE FORScan guy for sure!

I only had the Raptor cluster in my truck for a day before I sold it. Now I have a normal '18 F150 cluster installed that I'll keep in there. My newest project is getting the new 2018 Adaptive Cruise Control stop/go & pedestrian detection working in my '16. My truck already has ACC but I'd love to get stop & go working for the ridiculous SoCal freeway traffic jams lol.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tell me about the '18 F150 cluster and how it's different than the '17 I have please.

You said you're working on getting the new 2018 Adaptive Cruise Control stop/go & pedestrian detection working in your '16. If you do that will it work in my '17 or will I need the '18 cluster or ???

Please keep me/us posted. Thanks!

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tell me about the '18 F150 cluster and how it's different than the '17 I have please.

You said you're working on getting the new 2018 Adaptive Cruise Control stop/go & pedestrian detection working in your '16. If you do that will it work in my '17 or will I need the '18 cluster or ???

Please keep me/us posted. Thanks!

I've never had a '17 Raptor cluster plugged into my truck so I don't know what's different on an '18 Raptor cluster.

There's a few differences on a normal '18 F150 cluster vs. '18 Raptor cluster. The new '18 F150 cluster has "Pre-Collision" instead of "Collision Warning" and for some reason on the '18 they moved the Oil Life Reset to the settings menu from the Truck Info menu. '18 Raptor cluster has the Raptor Status screen obviously and has Neutral Tow under settings where the normal '18 F150 doesn't. Here's some pics of both clusters:

4fWQzZN.jpg
RLMLPls.jpg
u3BjyHd.jpg
wSCAjC1.jpg

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livnitup..

For your tireless work on the community's specific issues, I hereby nominate you as an honorary Raptor member and friend of the House.

Dilly, dilly!

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only had the Raptor cluster in my truck for a day before I sold it. Now I have a normal '18 F150 cluster installed that I'll keep in there. My newest project is getting the new 2018 Adaptive Cruise Control stop/go & pedestrian detection working in my '16. My truck already has ACC but I'd love to get stop & go working for the ridiculous SoCal freeway traffic jams lol.

YES YES YES!!!! Eactly what we need Liv. Keep us posted good man.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oRoarke