Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turk10mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Livin, just a note (may already know) the 18 ford raptor LED's don't appear to change color. Wonder if the LEDs are not RGB? In the Sync Settings there's no Ambient lighting option, either. I've seen specific mention of this being available in the 2017 settings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seHgFINlaHU

Is there anything I could do with changes that might accidentally make one marker light turn off? (passenger side) I'm going to reload all the factory modules tonight in case I hosed something. I set my DRL's to Turn Signals and Running Lights. I then noticed that passenger side marker light is out. I don't know for certain if i picked it up that way from the dealer, i *****'d something programming.

Lastly, the windows down worked once after programming. Now they don't work, and I'm not sure why. :/

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've asked the FORScan developers to include an IDS service procedure called "Relearn Vehicle Data" into FORScan. With this implemented, anyone here should be able to change tire size in BCM and then be able to remove the DTC & Wrench Icon that appears on the cluster. This procedure will make the PCM relearn tire size from BCM and update itself.

Note: when this is implemented into FORScan, anyone with a custom tune would need to remove the tune first or this procedure would mess up the Vehicle Identification Block.

I'll post a test beta here when I get it from the devs.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've asked the FORScan developers to include an IDS service procedure called "Relearn Vehicle Data" into FORScan. With this implemented, anyone here should be able to change tire size in BCM and then be able to remove the DTC & Wrench Icon that appears on the cluster. This procedure will make the PCM relearn tire size from BCM and update itself.

Note: when this is implemented into FORScan, anyone with a custom tune would need to remove the tune first or this procedure would mess up the Vehicle Identification Block.

I'll post a test beta here when I get it from the devs.

Any chance you could ask the devs for a way to backup all modules in one step rather than doing them individually?

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're talking about having the Specified tire pressure displayed in the TPMS screen in the cluster menu, one of the below values is what you'd need:
IPC 720-04-01 xx*x xxxx xxxx
Trailer Brake Controller Gain & TPMS Specified Value
0=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled
4=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value disabled
8=TBC Gain disabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled
C=TBC Gain enabled & TPMS Specified Value enabled

Ok I think I just figured it out. So the IPC module knows the specified tire pressure and by me putting a C in the location (since I have the TBC) it will display the specified pressure?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I think I just figured it out. So the IPC module knows the specified tire pressure and by me putting a C in the location (since I have the TBC) it will display the specified pressure?

Yes, IPC gets that specified pressure(s) from BCM at the addresses below. Say for example you got different tires with a higher psi and you didn't want TPMS warnings of low pressure based off your original tire pressure, you could edit the values below to whatever you want and that's what IPC will display as specified pressure(s).
726-40-01 xxxx **xx xxxx TPMS Placard Front Tire Pressure (convert p.s.i. to hex)
726-40-01 xxxx xx** xxxx TPMS Placard Rear Tire Pressure (convert p.s.i. to hex)

Last edited:

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, IPC gets that specified pressure(s) from BCM at the addresses below. Say for example you got different tires with a higher psi and you didn't want TPMS warnings of low pressure based off your original tire pressure, you could edit the values below to whatever you want and that's what IPC will display as specified pressure(s).
726-40-01 xxxx **xx xxxx TPMS Placard Front Tire Pressure (convert p.s.i. to hex)
726-40-01 xxxx xx** xxxx TPMS Placard Rear Tire Pressure (convert p.s.i. to hex)

Got it. Thank you again!!

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What are the chances that Forscan can change my easy entry/exit so that when the steering wheel nd the seat move back to position they do it at the same time? Currently the steering wheel moves and then when it's done the seat moves. I start the truck and go so waiting for both of them to go back to position is annoying.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone here try and change tire size in BCM and get the wrench icon on cluster screen? If so, pm me. I just got a new test version of FORScan that has a service procedure for "PCM Module initialization/relearn vehicle data". This procedure (after you change tire size in BCM) should force the PCM to relearn the tire size from the BCM and you shouldn't have the wrench icon or any DTCs as a result.

Note: if you have a custom tune, it would need to be put back to stock before running this procedure or it will screw up your Vehicle Identification Block. After this procedure you would then be able to put the custom tune back on.

myspivey

Reaction score
Turk10mm Have you tried checking 7D0-01-02 to see if Ambient is enabled on 18+? Interested to hear what the setting comes at from the factory.

Last edited:

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been awhile since I made changes and wanted to do a couple of others....I'm getting the message "Sorry, you need an extended license to run this function"

Edit: I see an extended license is good for the first 2 months.....then you have to purchase it......

Last edited: