First Timer: Soon to be my first Ford.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

ZeusMutation

Reaction score
From reading the "problems & questions" thread those IWE's sound real annoying.

It'll be a DD for me too.

Thoughts on deanships? I have had good & bad, but never dealt with Ford. I'll be buying the truck in one state and relocating to another. Is there a thread on dealerships to avoid or anything like that... just kinda farting in the wind thoughts ATM.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From reading the "problems & questions" thread those IWE's sound real annoying.

It'll be a DD for me too.

Thoughts on deanships? I have had good & bad, but never dealt with Ford. I'll be buying the truck in one state and relocating to another. Is there a thread on dealerships to avoid or anything like that... just kinda farting in the wind thoughts ATM.

Remember there is a lot of actual off roaders on this site. The street queens don't necessarily have these problems. Only those of us that push the truck like it was meant to be.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Love reading those high milage, no worries responses!

TCSC - I envision using 4wd a lot. Are your issues common, an easy fix, covered by warranty? Cuz I'm looking at some '14's this weekend.

Thnx
my 2013 never had a problem, but this one just has a ghost somewhere. using 4wd you dont want to put much throttle when the steering wheel is all the way in one direction. it is a wek point in the truck, but i only use it when i start to get stuck in sand.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
my 2013 never had a problem, but this one just has a ghost somewhere. using 4wd you dont want to put much throttle when the steering wheel is all the way in one direction. it is a wek point in the truck, but i only use it when i start to get stuck in sand.

Obligatory even 4WD doesn't work all the time...

C2_zpsfsmrxypv.jpg

OP
OP
Z

ZeusMutation

Reaction score
Jumbo comes through again... damn, I should've found that link. I plan to need the 4wd every weekend. lol

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Jumbo comes through again... damn, I should've found that link. I plan to need the 4wd every weekend. lol

If you're going fast enough in 2, 7/10 times you should be good! When in doubt, throttle out.