First Timer: Soon to be my first Ford.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

ZeusMutation

Reaction score
Wow, appreciate the responses!

She doesn't care about engine power... I'm the knucklehead who has a heavy foot at times. I actually drive slower now that I prefer trucks to cars. The TT V6 is supposedly gonna offer more power & torque than the 6.2L V8...? If that's true, not sure that'll bother me. Plus, I really want off road capabilities to fast.

My problem with the Gen1 is purely cosmetic. I've just been reading a thread that touches on a conversation about Gen1 vs Gen2... but I'm not following their logic. I'll continue to investigate.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF! Don't worry about joining early. I hung around here for two years before I finally placed the order for my Raptor.

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. I came here a few months before I bought my Raptor to researched it more. I learned so much about it and mods you could do I was really convinced I had to buy it.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum @ZeusMutation!

Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into this, Raptor is the way to go. '14 now or '17 later is a tough question...but if you like the looks of the '17 more, that sounds like your better choice.

-Dan

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome.
Definitely look into getting into a 2014 now.

You also have some great Raptor shops close by you should check out. RPG, svc, SDHQ to name a few.....

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

I've just been reading a thread that touches on a conversation about Gen1 vs Gen2... but I'm not following their logic. I'll continue to investigate.

PS..... we don't use logic around here.... just our gut feeling filled with hate and discontent. Lol.....
:wizsmile:

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

Last edited:

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm never really sure what to put in Forum introductions... Do they get read very often??

Anyway... I'm here because I've decided to by a 2017 Raptor...

Welcome to the forum, ZeusMutation; congrats on deciding to get a Raptor! I'm the Ford Service rep on this site. We're glad to have you here!

Crystal

OP
OP
Z

ZeusMutation

Reaction score
okay... so I don't see where my location was listed... but whatever, its all good.

As for a 2014... this is where I have a brain fart. According to Ford the '17 will have a better frame, better body panel material, more capable suspension, 10 speed trans (read gen1 models have some transmission issues?), advanced lighting, improved camera, plus an all new terrain management system...

In my stupidity I read Ford claim the gen2 is a better truck top to bottom. What I've read on the 'winning" thread was due to no V8, the gen2 stinks and they'll never buy one.

I love a V8 just as much as the next person, but I don't wanna believe Ford's bean counters sat in a conference room and said... "F'em! Lets put a ****** EB V6 in the raptor and really make some coin." Then again, maybe they did.

I also don't want to think Ford decided "lets put, what we know is a ****** engine, into the Raptor to sell more vehicles with EB." Then again... maybe they did.

I haven't owned a Ford in 28 years. Maybe they don't want to be the best truck maker, just best selling??