engine Cut-off and low oil pressure warning!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me just after my first fill up. Put 93 octane in and within a few days it did the stall out. Never happened again. Wonder if the dealer loaded the truck up with 87 octane and the computer was still adapting. Been 7k miles since the stall.

Princekhan1

Reaction score
I had this same issue today.. Just shut off pulling up to the gas station..

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

This just happened to me. 100 mi on my 2013 roush raptor. Very concerned. Had I been towing my boat or on a turn..... I was just driving down a straight, level road and slowing for a light. Sounds like a lemon.... and I waited so long.... I'll be selling soon (and loosing a lot of $)
Did you ever find an answer to this? I have a 13 Roush Raptor & had this happen today..

jakre

Reaction score
My 2013 raptor stalled twice over a 1 month period and the third time i could not restart. Fuse 27 did not blow but instead melted on one side and damaged fusebox. Two week wait for replacement fusebox from dealer.

I've seen several pictures and reports of exact same failure for fuse 27 online, attached is yet another.

I would strongly advise all to pull fuse 27 and check for signs of heat/discolorarion.

Attachments

• 20151005_225541.jpg
    20151005_225541.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This just happened to me. I was turning into my sub division and my engine cuts out and the low oil pressure light comes on.
I didn't see any leaks, confirmed oil is full. I'm at a quarter tank of fuel. By the time my truck came to a stop I was on a decline and the truck wouldn't start back up.
EDIT: I have no drive train mods

I'm going to go coast it to the bottom of the decline and see if it will fire up. If it does I'm guessing fuel is the issue. Which would be pretty lame to be honest.

By the way I've also had a similar problem before on my driveway with my tank at about 1/8 (but no gas light). I go out in the morning and it doesn't start up. I let it roll to the bottom of the driveway and it starts right up. Since that episode I have been filling up at about half a tank or between half and a quarter, until today...

Again, pretty lame the truck can only run on 3/4 a tank of gas.

UPDATE:
I had coasted it down the decline and partially up the following incline and the truck still wouldn't start. The grade sensor was reading 2% uphill grade and my fuel gauge was reading about 1/8 tank.
I put it in neutral and let it roll back to the bottom of the dip. At the bottom my fuel gauge was reading a hair under 1/4 and it fired right up. Went and got gas, no problems.

Last edited:

2baddogs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a stall as well.

I had this happen as well 8 days ago. '14 Roush Raptor 22k mi. Slowing down to 15 from 35mph and turning right. Complete level ground and about 3/4 fuel. Engine died turning in and a low oil light and warning chime came on. I steered to the right curb, stopped and restarted. Checked all fluids and intake seal. All good. Has not occurred again in 300mi or so. Only additional odditity is I noticed the transmission temp gauge read full COLD after restart until about 45 secs of driving then read normal temp. Truck was normal operating temps, otherwise.

Strange indeed and concerning, glad the wife or daughter was not driving. Not fun steering a 6k # vehicle around a corner without PS.

Last edited:

aj.cruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the relocation kit over the weekend. It's on backorder until mid December :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
I am the latest victim. About two weeks ago, I stopped at a gas station for a drink; came back out, truck wouldn't start. The ignition fired, but the engine would not turn over. This went on for about five minutes, until the truck started and ran just fine. I thought this was weird, but since I have never had an issue with the truck before (2013, 24k miles) I chalked the incident up to the weather or ghosts or maybe aliens.

Fast forward to three days ago. I am driving on the highway when my HUD lights up with a message (low oil pressure) and plays the CEL chime. As I am lowering my head to look, the engine cuts out completely and the power steering fails - basically a catastrophic vehicle failure. For those who have never had this happen before at highway speeds, it is very, very scary. Fortunately, I was in the right lane and near an exit, so I limped off the road before being murdered by someone texting and driving.

I sat there for a few minutes, truck wouldn't start. I check the oil (it was fine), and try again to start the vehicle. This time, she fires right up, no CEL. I slowly take back roads to a mechanic, hoping they can at least pull the code that was thrown.

While I am waiting for the mechanic, I check Google to see if anyone has had this issue before. A search for "Ford Raptor low oil pressure" brings me to this thread (thanks FRF!) and so I tell the mechanic to check fuse location #27. Sure enough, the fuse is destroyed, basically melted into the box (picture below). Since it is the day before Thanksgiving, the repair kits are apparently back-ordered, and Ford dealerships are hit-or-miss for service anyway, I ask the mechanic to go ahead and try to fix it.

When we call Ford for the TSB, they claim to have not heard of this issue or TSB. Only when we provide the actual TSB number do they admit knowledge. Yikes. Basically, the mechanic ends up re-routing fuse #27 outside the box and directly to the battery (picture below). I have not seen Ford's "fuse box relocation kit" but I imagine it accomplishes essentially the same thing. I have had no issues since.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that all of you check your fuse boxes immediately at location #27 for any signs of thermal damage. I also HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you schedule an appointment ASAP at Ford for the TSB update related to this issue. If one of us gets caught in the wrong circumstances and experiences total power loss, the results could be very bad. In my opinion, this issue warrants a recall, not a TSB.

Attachments

• 20151125_142845.jpg
    20151125_142845.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 109
  • 20151129_074749.jpg
    20151129_074749.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 151

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a relocation kit from Gwinnett Place Ford. Kit was back ordered for a week but it has now been delivered to my PO box in the USA. I just need to go and pick it up. I will post a pic of the kit as well as instructions.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am the latest victim. About two weeks ago, I stopped at a gas station for a drink; came back out, truck wouldn't start. The ignition fired, but the engine would not turn over. This went on for about five minutes, until the truck started and ran just fine. I thought this was weird, but since I have never had an issue with the truck before (2013, 24k miles) I chalked the incident up to the weather or ghosts or maybe aliens.

Fast forward to three days ago. I am driving on the highway when my HUD lights up with a message (low oil pressure) and plays the CEL chime. As I am lowering my head to look, the engine cuts out completely and the power steering fails - basically a catastrophic vehicle failure. For those who have never had this happen before at highway speeds, it is very, very scary. Fortunately, I was in the right lane and near an exit, so I limped off the road before being murdered by someone texting and driving.

I sat there for a few minutes, truck wouldn't start. I check the oil (it was fine), and try again to start the vehicle. This time, she fires right up, no CEL. I slowly take back roads to a mechanic, hoping they can at least pull the code that was thrown.

While I am waiting for the mechanic, I check Google to see if anyone has had this issue before. A search for "Ford Raptor low oil pressure" brings me to this thread (thanks FRF!) and so I tell the mechanic to check fuse location #27. Sure enough, the fuse is destroyed, basically melted into the box (picture below). Since it is the day before Thanksgiving, the repair kits are apparently back-ordered, and Ford dealerships are hit-or-miss for service anyway, I ask the mechanic to go ahead and try to fix it.

When we call Ford for the TSB, they claim to have not heard of this issue or TSB. Only when we provide the actual TSB number do they admit knowledge. Yikes. Basically, the mechanic ends up re-routing fuse #27 outside the box and directly to the battery (picture below). I have not seen Ford's "fuse box relocation kit" but I imagine it accomplishes essentially the same thing. I have had no issues since.

I HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that all of you check your fuse boxes immediately at location #27 for any signs of thermal damage. I also HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend that you schedule an appointment ASAP at Ford for the TSB update related to this issue. If one of us gets caught in the wrong circumstances and experiences total power loss, the results could be very bad. In my opinion, this issue warrants a recall, not a TSB.
I'm glad you were able to get off the road safely and get the issue figured out. Mine is also the same way with fuse 27 located outside the junction box.

Just curious, did you have to pay for the repair?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter