East Coast to West Coast time for pickup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cross-country road trip…you should accumulate some very cool pics along the way, no doubt! Post a few here. That OW w/ graphics delete looks clean. Be safe & I hope you have a travel companion!

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do I-70 between Denver and KC a lot. Watch tire pressure - It can go up 5-6lbs in CO and over 40 psi coming out of Eastern CO the rear end will bounce like crazy (yours and the truck’s). Roads out there in windmill country are washboards.

I leave KC at 35F 33R and it’s not unusual to be 41/39 when I reach Denver.

Great drive though - beautiful country and Raptor will eat highway like a big ol dinosaur.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
I made the drive cross country once while pulling a U-haul trailer in my 5.3L 2000 Chevy Silverado. What an awesome drive it was, from So Cal to NYC. Why I moved is a long story, but definitely memorable. The 5.3 did great by the way. I took the 40 most of the way.

John Harshaw

Reaction score
I'm off of 70, just south of Pittsburgh. Use WAZE to help spot the police. 70 in Wheeling, WV is down to one lane, so hitting it early or late would be best.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ravelco. Keep your new Raptor yours. Yes, it sucks to spend over $600 extra when you just spent well over 100x that, (I've had installed 6x in the past), but they have never had a thief beat their system. Never.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Protect that paint! Install some Track Armour on the front end before departing the dealer.

I assume you went out of state for a MSRP deal?
View attachment 356947

Agreed! Put some protection on the front of your baby. It will peel right off when you get home. Don't follow anyone too close ....especially trucks, just get around and move on. Check this out on my 500+ mile trip to Utah last week. 19 mpg in a Raptor? Unheard of but she did it. Traveled at 75mph 90% of the time even though parts of Idaho and Utah are 80 speed limit on many of the freeways.
20220524_175739.jpg