Shipping Coast to Coast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking to attend Baja Raptor Run in 2025 (TRR) so I'm starting to plan this trip out. I live in NC and will need to ship my truck (safely) to California. Has anyone done this? What shipping company? This is probably the part of the adventure that worries me most so any advice or help is appreciated!

IMG_20231108_092459_602.jpg

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I live in Jacksonville Fl and looked into the a few times before somewhat giving up. The quotes were anywhere from $1500-4000 depending how many vehicles are on the load and route and current fuel costs. It’s crazy expensive.

OP
OP
Turbo_lander

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man I live in Jacksonville Fl and looked into the a few times before somewhat giving up. The quotes were anywhere from $1500-4000 depending how many vehicles are on the load and route and current fuel costs. It’s crazy expensive.

What companies did you do research on?

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can hook you up with a good shipping company if you pm me. I’ve used them a ton cross country as I buy a lot of cars out of state.

That said with a large truck you are probably looking at around $2000-$2500 each way. If your truck is lifted it would be more like $3500

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try bringatrailer (https://bringatrailer.com/shipping/) or carsandbids shipping although, will be using them for when my 2024 arrives, goodluck with carsandbids they take forever to respond; bringatrailer better communication. I put an NC zipcode and a so cal zip code and quoted 2k.

Attachments

• 1710598134651.png
    1710598134651.png
    72 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
Turbo_lander

Turbo_lander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
try bringatrailer (https://bringatrailer.com/shipping/) or carsandbids shipping although, will be using them for when my 2024 arrives, goodluck with carsandbids they take forever to respond; bringatrailer better communication. I put an NC zipcode and a so cal zip code and quoted 2k.

Thanks! Looks pretty solid so far (bringatrailer)

Pnwrider

Reaction score
All those sites just use transport brokers, same with uship.com and it can be luck of the draw type situation. If you can book through a trusted transporter directly, I’d go that route. You’ll pay more, but have better communication and more peace of mind. I used uship.com when I bought my truck out of state and had a good experience but got lucky with a good transporter (you have no control on who the broker is gonna get).

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Pnwrider is spot on. Everyone uses the same transport boards(think of them like online bidding sites only available to transport people). The brokers just post your truck and the route (via zip code) and they get “hits” from transport companies that have space and are going that route. The brokers then get the bids, tack on a % and then offer them out. Where you can find difficulties is if your truck is large/lifted at they can require multiple spaces on the transport or if you car is $$$expensive as most transport companies only carry a few hundred k of insurance and they have to have enough insurance to cover every car on the transport truck.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris!

I've shipped my Rap from NC (Jville) to San Francisco and then again from Oceanside CA to Georgia and then again from VA to San Francisco.

Each time I've used Goliath Auto Transport. They're a small broker but very responsive and easy to work with. They've found me good drivers each time. Cost has ranged from $1200 to $1800 for open transportation. Usually they can source a driver within 5-7 days but you need to be a bit flexible on dates. Again, they're a lot more responsive than some of the bigger brokers. I've tried UShip without success, some companies will low ball you to bait you into signing with them with no intention of actually filling the order so beware of scummy companies.

Usually takes 3-4 days depending on the driver and what other deliveries they're doing.