Door Handle Gaskets??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Harrington

Reaction score
Was noticing the other day that something was hanging out of the bottom edge of the door handle. It appears to be part of the gasket and is pretty brittle, any one else seen this? It has happened to two handles now.

20230106_205616.jpg

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here is what the inside of the handle looks like. Looks like you can scrape the old one off and apply a new one
83A89CA3-B89F-4FE4-8460-9C51C5EACE64.jpeg
I have seen few reports of the gaskets coming off like in your pic. It certainly would be a pain to replace them.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've screwed one of my rear doors up with my preassure washer. I need to find the part number and order a new gasket. Mines not as bad but close.

pavendort

Reaction score
My passenger front door is doing the same thing. How hard is it to get the handles off? I will likely just do all 4 seals at the same time.

OP
OP
J

John Harrington

Reaction score
Miine have come off. Do they really need to be replaced?
May be a direct contributing factor with the lock freezing issue the F150 is having. Once that gasket is gone water can rain in on the locking linkage. Up to this point I have not been able to identify the gasket as replaceable. I believe it is only offered with a new door handle, how very convenient. Not sure if the gasket material was ever upgraded or not but it didn't happen prior to the 2019 Gen 2 release. I think I have seen posts of later models gaskets also deteriorating in a little as six months after purchase.

NHbeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Previously discussed here...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter