Gasket or glue from door handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP77

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a clear/opaque white material come out of their door handles? Noticed it on the drivers door last week. Brought it by the dealer for another warranty issue and notices it on all 4 handles. Dealer told it it was covered under warranty. But what is it, and why has it suddenly decided to come out or fail? 2018 SCREW with 16k miles. I wash it weekly.
36CE23B7-7582-401B-8701-E21812DCE1DB.jpegACEF0A12-583A-45EA-86AC-7A55EEF083BF.jpeg ABC8C20B-E239-4E0C-8684-E9AE50300511.jpeg96E343F2-6210-4AAE-9628-213F125581A8.jpeg

rbebernitz

Reaction score
Just washed my truck tonight and had the same issue on 3 of my doors. Any luck with the dealer fixing it? Mines a 2019 with 12k miles and I really don’t want some loser at the dealership leaving my truck with more issues if I bring it in for repair

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here! Pretty much every door handle has had long stringy pieces hanging at some point. Just pulled a piece off today as a matter of fact.

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has issues like this as well. I probably won't bother doing anything about it though. It's been my experience in the past that issues like this always leave the vehicle worse for the wear after the "repair."

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm seeing that on some of my doors as well. I don't think I'll mess with taking in to the dealer unless I think it's causing an actual problem....or the warranty is about to expire.

georgevlades

Reaction score
Had it on my 18. i brought my truck back for the second time for freezing door locks. they supposedly have a fix for this time but at the same time they replaced the *** strings around all the door handles. Will report back if the new gaskets hold and if the doors unlock. All doors opened today but it was only 31 Degrees today.

datnut

Reaction score
Mine had same issue. Dealer said it is excess gasket material and they would just cut the exposed material off with a razor. Think of play dough and cutting it with a mold. The excess outside the mold is pinched thin at the edges and can be removed. I chose to believe them on this one.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine had same issue. Dealer said it is excess gasket material and they would just cut the exposed material off with a razor. Think of play dough and cutting it with a mold. The excess outside the mold is pinched thin at the edges and can be removed. I chose to believe them on this one.

its protective gasket material one-off use during manufacturing process protects the. Door skin or something, same happened to my 2018- pretty sure it’ll happen to all of em. When I brought truck in for door lock TSB (no real fix for that one) they removed the white crap & replaced w/ some other type of foam looking gasket material behind door handle.