Disabling fake engine noise - does it make the cabin quieter or noisier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey idiot, go troll the Gen 1 forums and talk to other idiots driving archaic dinosaurs with shitbox lego interiors. We have our own trolls (sasquatch) don't need any gen 1 knuckleheads in the mix.
That....was hilarious.

Thank you!!!

Now take an ativan and relax Francis. You are a little "too defensive" over a topic that no one REALLY gives a shit about. My advice, learn to take the trash talk without going columbine or stay out of the locker room.

My comments about raptor owners being concerned about noise stands.

If you want to take your Gen 2 fanboi-ism into a circle jerk behind the dumpster no one is stopping you.

I actually like both Gen 1s and Gen 2s and on tapatalk, i leave it set so i can see threads from both.

Ill make my "man card" jokes in both.

I say that as i reach for my hazelnut cappuccino with mellows and foam from a Keurig.....ha ha ha.

If you are ever in GA, let me know and I'll buy you a beer. Every one who makes jokes, is not an evil villian....that is, unless you are part of the safe space/PC/anti-comedy movement....and then beware...as we are the epitome of the boogie man to you......i mean...i guess. a7a5ab3329cd597bb1d183f833a068a6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That....was hilarious.

Thank you!!!

Now take an ativan and relax Francis. You are a little "too defensive" over a topic that no one REALLY gives a shit about. My advice, learn to take the trash talk without going columbine or stay out of the locker room.

My comments about raptor owners being concerned about noise stands.

If you want to take your Gen 2 fanboi-ism into a circle jerk behind the dumpster no one is stopping you.

I actually like both Gen 1s and Gen 2s and on tapatalk, i leave it set so i can see threads from both.

Ill make my "man card" jokes in both.

I say that as i reach for my hazelnut cappuccino with mellows and foam from a Keurig.....ha ha ha.

If you are ever in GA, let me know and I'll buy you a beer. Every one who makes jokes, is not am evil villian....that is, unless you are part of the safe space/PC/anti-comedy movement....and then beware...as we are the epitome of the boogie mam to you......i mean...i guess. a7a5ab3329cd597bb1d183f833a068a6.jpg

I do not have any reason (thankfully) to ever visit the redneck, backwards, poorly educated, funny talking, bible thumping deep south of GA, so you will never get to buy me a beer. Actually, does anyone have any good reason to visit GA outside of ATL for anything? Doubt it.

Rest of your post I did not read. We do not need another thread in Gen 2 derailed by Gen 1 idiots with an IQ of 45 posting memes.

Leave us to it, and move on along. We were doing fine before you entered.

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
poorly educated

Rest of your post I did not read.

Interesting leveling of the intellectual equivalency of "yo dumb" as his best laid insult while simultaneously admitting he did not have the motivation to do something as easy as....read something.

You must be a genius. When is the mensa meeting?

Also that is a sentence fragment.

The correct syntax is "I did not read the rest of your post".

Although i believe the sentence "I did not read (ever in my life)" to be plausible. Thank you for being partially honest.

Last edited:

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you triggered 'em allen.
Triggered indeed!!! Like a Jessica on picture day.

Did you notice his biggoted gross generalizing insult of an entire geographic region while insinuating he has the non-"backwoods" high ground?

The level of stupidity displayed there was.....i am not even angry. I was genuinely impressed that anyone could be so stupid as to display their own ignorance while insulting others intelligence. The irony was no doubt, not recognized.

The force is strong with that one....

Last edited:

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So anyway... back to the subject.

I’ve done a lot of playing around with this. I had about $4k worth of stereo upgrades to my ‘17, and went back to stock because I missed the active noise cancelllation. It doesn’t seem that noticeable at first, but after driving a couple months without it, I missed it.

Even my wife got in it when I first turned off the fake engine noise and commented about how it seemed loud driving at highway speeds. And I didn’t tel her what I had done.

Now I wish there was a way to independently turn either off. But since there doesn’t seem to be, I leave it on.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have any reason (thankfully) to ever visit the redneck, backwards, poorly educated, funny talking, bible thumping deep south of GA, so you will never get to buy me a beer. Actually, does anyone have any good reason to visit GA outside of ATL for anything? Doubt it.

Rest of your post I did not read. We do not need another thread in Gen 2 derailed by Gen 1 idiots with an IQ of 45 posting memes.

Why/how is “bible thumping” included in the list of deplorable attributes? The greatest ignorance is a fool that rejects God’s truth.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score

what a lil bitch you are , you should have stayed in the ford taurus forum

Last edited:

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
So anyway... back to the subject.

I’ve done a lot of playing around with this. I had about $4k worth of stereo upgrades to my ‘17, and went back to stock because I missed the active noise cancelllation. It doesn’t seem that noticeable at first, but after driving a couple months without it, I missed it.

Even my wife got in it when I first turned off the fake engine noise and commented about how it seemed loud driving at highway speeds. And I didn’t tel her what I had done.

Now I wish there was a way to independently turn either off. But since there doesn’t seem to be, I leave it on.

Ford did gen2 owners a favor by having this feature. Why on earth would you turn it off?

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I turned off the fake engine noise at the same time that I activated my new sub. I like it now and I'm not looking back! Even on the rare occasion when I have the radio off and tromp it, the real engine noise sounds OK to me.

I also deactivated that damn start/stop feature that I hated from day one.

To each his own, I suppose.