Disabling fake engine noise - does it make the cabin quieter or noisier?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose since @Livnitup has clarified this for us we should at least try to be consistent in our observations.

turning fake noise and ANC off completely turns off any augmentation at all, meaning the only noise you’re hearing are those created by the road noise, tires, engine, exhaust, transmission, transfer case and differentials, or driveline noise, suspension working, your spouse or s/o chattering, dog panting and the user formerly known as sasquatch77 whining about what muffler to put on.

All but the latter are at least somewhat covered by having fake engine noise - I think it’s ENE and ANC enabled. I don’t notice so much external or outside noises coming in from the outside, but I hear more low db driveline noise for example that I didn’t used to hear before.

I will agree that the change is very subtle.

OK, glad I asked and thanks everyone for your thoughts.

If there isn't more noise cancellation to be gained, I will leave good enough alone. Truck's pretty quiet as is and fake noise doesn't bother me at all.

dhh93

Reaction score
Is this just on the 17s or is it on my 18 as well. Call me crazy but I can’t tell if what I’m hearing is this fake sound or if it’s real. Someone please let me know so I know if I need to get the stuff to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this just on the 17s or is it on my 18 as well. Call me crazy but I can’t tell if what I’m hearing is this fake sound or if it’s real. Someone please let me know so I know if I need to get the stuff to turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 also. What you are hearing is fake sound. The message to be learned in this thread is that the real sound isn't better, so you may want to leave fake sound alone.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you go custom amp and sound you will hear it big time. unless you wanna hear deep sounds coming thru your subs that mess up your music you gonna disable it.

Are we certain the fake noise is generated through the same speakers as the audio system? I had a Lexus GS F-Sport prior to my Raptor which also had augmented engine sounds but it used a dedicated speaker.

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are we certain the fake noise is generated through the same speakers as the audio system? I had a Lexus GS F-Sport prior to my Raptor which also had augmented engine sounds but it used a dedicated speaker.

So you are telling us that the Lexus had fake sound playing through fake speakers?

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2014 with a 6.2.

What is this "fake engine noise" you speak of?

Also, what is up with raptor drives being concerned about noise?

Did you also get the "pink tutu" option on your trucks?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
fccabbd02ee63c547e03d138feb1ba2d.jpg

Last edited:

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya mannn, we are 100% sure how this works. it has a fancy name like active noise cancellation system. it runs thru the factory sony/b&o amp which outputs to all the real speakers. we have the pin wiring diagram on here.

allenfrx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you are telling us that the Lexus had fake sound playing through fake speakers?
Yeap...my RCF has it.

It coincides with the opening of the intake at 4,000 rpms (which actually doesnt need augmentation as it sounds quite good on it's own....especially when you AREN'T in the car) or when you switch to sport + mode.

I could say that doing it in sport plus is annoying but it IS useful to hear a bit better for things like throttle modulation in performance driving when you go about 8/10s and are on the verge of breaking into a power slide on a curve or trying to decide if its safe to down shift as even with rev matching such a move could upset the rear tires and break traction.......i am thinking that 17+ raptor drives aren't exactly in great need of such sensory inputs.....

OP
OP
X

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I own a 2014 with a 6.2.

What is this "fake engine noise" you speak of?

Also, what is up with raptor drives being concerned about noise?

Did you also get the "pink tutu" option on your trucks?

fccabbd02ee63c547e03d138feb1ba2d.jpg

Hey idiot, go troll the Gen 1 forums and talk to other idiots driving archaic dinosaurs with shitbox lego interiors. We have our own trolls (sasquatch) don't need any gen 1 knuckleheads in the mix.