GEN 1 Denying Warranty Work, or Ignoring the Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same weird sounds from the rear suspension. I get this bizarre squeak noise when I take off from a dead stop, its progressively worse, now it makes three distinct noises when I take off.

Dealer on first visit (technically second since the first visit Ford said it was normal for performance trucks to make noise…my ******* ass its normal for a 60k truck) was instructed to lift it and clean between leafs and grease
Lasted one day. Second visit they were told to replace the pads between the leafs, lasted less than one day.

I have been in NC for a long while, and now back home in La, getting ready to bring to dealer, before warranty expires (soon) and also contacted Crystal, we exchanged three emails, but haven't heard back in a few days. So I am going to continue on with a dealer trip.

NOLA

Krab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope your issues get fixed under warranty. I wasn't able to get my front leaking shock replaced under warranty, despite escalating the issue. It appears Ford has a TSB out that states leaking fluid from shocks is normal on these trucks and won't affect performance or life of the shock in any way...

Subscribing.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hope your issues get fixed under warranty. I wasn't able to get my front leaking shock replaced under warranty, despite escalating the issue. It appears Ford has a TSB out that states leaking fluid from shocks is normal on these trucks and won't affect performance or life of the shock in any way...

Subscribing.
Some seepage can be construed as normal. Leakage that drips is just that, a leak and should be addressed.
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

I am having the same weird sounds from the rear suspension. I get this bizarre squeak noise when I take off from a dead stop, its progressively worse, now it makes three distinct noises when I take off.

Dealer on first visit (technically second since the first visit Ford said it was normal for performance trucks to make noise…my ******* ass its normal for a 60k truck) was instructed to lift it and clean between leafs and grease
Lasted one day. Second visit they were told to replace the pads between the leafs, lasted less than one day.

I have been in NC for a long while, and now back home in La, getting ready to bring to dealer, before warranty expires (soon) and also contacted Crystal, we exchanged three emails, but haven't heard back in a few days. So I am going to continue on with a dealer trip.

NOLA
Drive shaft yoke needs greased. They say it's not an issue for our trucks, but it is. My dealer wouldn't grease mine, said they had to replace the whole thing. Get this, the replacement drive shaft came with grease for the yoke. Hasn't made the noise since.

Where at in NC where yeah?
@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
www.runraptorrun.com

OP
OP
SchultzLD

SchultzLD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea about the red stripe yet? They still wont do anything about it. It really bothers me, and I don't put my hand on top either so I always see it.

Side note, they replaced the speaker ( I think), but didn't put the door panel back on correctly, they missed the entire upper a-arm clip, so now me and the mad scientist got to rip apart the door and re-attach it... quality work Ford, thanks!