2019 phasers warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bimmertech

Reaction score
Hello Group! Just picked up a Raptor with 37,000 miles and heard the famous rattle from the phasers. I stopped by the the Ford dealership thinking it would be covered under the 5 years 60,000 miles powertrain warranty and they said that the timing is not included, which was surprising to me.I’m just trying to find out if this information is correct before I fork up the money for the repair! Also I noticed at times after starting the engine it dies and I have to restart it(not sure if related the the phasers issue)
Thx

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF
Pictures, or it’s a prius

Do you have the vehicle history and what date the truck first entered service? That’s the start of the warranty, and yes, powertrain covers the phasers - and presumably the stalling, provided modifications haven’t voided the warranty.

Are there mods to the vehicle and specifically the engine, or tuning? If the truck was tuned, the computer will show it’s been modified. There’s a chance they could weasel out of the repair in that case, but, the rattle you reference is a failure of the cam phaser to properly ‘park’. That’s very, very, very unlikely to be tune related.

The stalling ... sounds like something else. Are there any codes stored? You can check with FORSCAN, an OBD2 dongle and a windows laptop
Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Pictures of said prius with cam phaser issues.

I believe people have stated that they had to pay for the timing gear set, not part of the phaser repair.

OP
OP
B

Bimmertech

Reaction score
Hello Group! Just picked up a Raptor with 37,000 miles and heard the famous rattle from the phasers. I stopped by the the Ford dealership thinking it would be covered under the 5 years 60,000 miles powertrain warranty and they said that the timing is not included, which was surprising to me.I’m just trying to find out if this information is correct before I fork up the money for the repair! Also I noticed at times after starting the engine it dies and I have to restart it(not sure if related the the phasers issue)
Thx

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the truck is under the 5/60 still, any core component in the engine should be covered. I had the extended phaser warr from being flashed and my dealer told me the 5/60 covers all of it anyway.

OP
OP
B

Bimmertech

Reaction score
I do have the history it’s still within the warranty. There are no mods whatsoever on the truck and as far as the dying it only happens at initial start up never at idle while driving and on the second start it’s fine. I may just have to contact Ford and let them know because it seems to me that each dealer will tell you whatever they want so I have to be able to back it up with some thing.

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpeg
    IMG_1674.jpeg
    308.1 KB · Views: 12

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Official welcome to FRF.

What year is the truck? Looks like a 19 or 20 with the beadlocks that are on it. As Smurf said, use forescan and check for codes. Preform a load test on the battery and replace the spark plugs.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah... ’19 +5 =2024 sometime. Unless you got an early manufacture 2019. what’s the actual MFG date? (it should be on the sticker or door panel).

Tell this stealership to unfùck themselves and fix the truck or recommend someone who will.
Some stealership service shops don’t like some repairs because Ford only cuts so much money for the repair so the hourly rate for warranty isn’t as profitable as non-warranty work.

if the stealership is this blatant about it, you might not want to have work done there as they may short your repair.

also
#OneLessprius

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter