Check locking differential...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You only need one jack under the rear diff and chock the front to be safe.

I launch with the rear locked but I also make sure I roll forward a bit to make sure it's fully locked. I do this also when engaging 4x4 before WOT with the Whipple.
I've even had the rear stay locked after pushing the knob back in and had to give her a some slight gas in reverse to unlock.

The warning comes on all the time?

I always do the same thing, never WOT from a standing start immediatly after engaging 4H. i used to do it while the car was moving, i put the gear on N and switch then one time i got a really bad clunk then when i switched to Drive i got kind of a rubbing or grinding noise, so i stopped after that.

as per the warning it comes on for a few seconds after i lock the diff then goes away i assume it just doesnt lock or do anything

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

The rear diff is the only locking diff and shame on you for thinking you can do burn outs with the diff locked. Look under the back of the truck, the diff is the long. Round thing between the rear tires, at the center of the diameter of that piece is where your problem is. Good luck!

Well it made sense to me at the time XD you know lock the diff that way both tires spin = better burn out

was trying to top this, in all honsetly XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJWavpPO3EY

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a crazy burnout, lol. But, yeah, you can't do that with the locking diff "on" it will turn to hamburger inside the diff.

---------- Post added at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I use it off the line, but only in a straight line, it should disengage after 15mph (I think), but then comes back on when you slow down. Was meant for offroad use only, but some do use it on pavement for launching hard offline, but not for donuts :)

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I would go over the wires and plug you probably have some corrosion going on.

I've done donuts with the diff lock a few times on pavement but not until I upgraded my rear spring packs and installed the "Axle Exchange" driveshaft.
Knock on wood, so far I haven't done any damage, is it doing damage? maybe. Excessive wear and tear? yes. but hell it's fun. LOL
But just as much as guys romping around hard off-roading a lot and not using OR mode to keep the diff locked.

I would still get a little wheel hop with the two sets of springs I tried.
Just installed a revised Custom Deavers set last week so I'll be testing them out once they settle.

As for the 4x4 and locking diff engaging I learned over the past 4 1/2 years
that you need to take care and pay attention that everything engages 100% before really getting into it.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I said. NOT using OR mode.

Using OR mode for us SC guys "SUCKS" unfortunately. IMO
It's to bad nobody has come up with a safe way to lock the diff in non-off-road mode yet.
You know just hook up the diff to a uplilfter switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

It's to bad nobody has come up with a safe way to lock the diff in non-off-road mode yet.

Gotcha

OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I really agree with you about the OR mode, I didn't know it kept the diff locked.
Seems really useful but or mode it really crap for the type of offroading that im doing.

so in the video i ran was going on D instead of manually shifting, and you can clearly hear the retarded upshifts that really slow me down because after the up shift i have to downshift and regain moment where as if i was on the rev limiter i wouldnt have lost the momentum.

https://youtu.be/j2VnDEOTWtE

Really need to find a solution for this off road mode thing...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, so far nobody has done the OR sector in the PCM for Supercharged.
The extra 200 HP really throws it for a loop.

If your going do that again, I would lock the diff and keep her in second gear.
Make sure you press and hold TC for 5 seconds or just try to press it once after locking the diff, you can even try Tow/Haul mode.
Just remember to hit the TC after any mode change as it will automatically turn back on.
Every Raptor seems to respond differently with this TC button. And also, the TC will automatically come back on after 25 to 30 mph. unless your in OR mode.
It's going to take a little more effort to get her going but you'll get better results.
Now, I'm not indorsing that you tear up you're truck! Use your better judgment. LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
raptor_qatar

raptor_qatar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every Raptor seems to respond differently with this TC button. And also, the TC will automatically come back on after 25 to 30 mph. unless your in OR mode.

Dude i think thats only you, my raptors traction control is completly useless as it really doesnt do anything to limit you and only turns on at the worst possible times :flipthebird: so i constantly have traction control off, as soon as i start the car i just hold the TC button until i get the sign then its pretty much off no matter what speed i go or what mode im in, only turns back on if i turn the car off.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No No, TC effects everybody! I'm just saying you get a little more wheel spin and I mean a little! before it kicks in.
In non OR mode the TC will kick back in at speed even if the light is still on, read your manual.
Even in OR mode you can't turn off TC fully but it does dummy it down quite a bit.

Don't forget we also have the nannie RSC ( Roll Stability Control ) which is something you can't turn off so if you go sideways with enough force then that nannie will kick in cutting fuel.

Like I stated before TC automatically turns back on when change modes and getting up to the set speed limit that turns it back on.
I have experienced no difference with pressing once (Street Performance) or pressing and holding for (mud, snow and ice). I'm just saying some see a difference.

This all old discussions in other threads, years old.

Last edited: