Cheapest and BEST mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nope, check their site for the part number then google it. Then buy it from amazon.

i would stay away from amazon for these. i ordered 1 thru them and had to return it 3 times as all i got was the shock itself each time, none of the hardware. last one i didnt even ask for a replacement, just asked for a refund.

ive been wanting one, just ordered one (Thanks LSU!!!) now, will be one of the several mods i do, hope i get it soon!

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great mod.

I had a slight kinking issue. Took a heat gun to the sheathing and bent it where it needed to be, seemed to help relax it a bit along with getting the foam to stay put. Never tried it without the foam.

Has anyone had theirs a while? I put mine on in April and the shock already seems to be weakening a bit.

modz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was considering picking up one of these but all the reviews I read from the many different sites give it bad press from the kinking issue. I have not found anything saying that it has been redesigned. Now I read above that it may be weakening. Sure it was nice when I had my tundra (not sure what Toyota uses) but there were no secondary issues or wear-out. I think I am going to stay away on this one.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was considering picking up one of these but all the reviews I read from the many different sites give it bad press from the kinking issue. I have not found anything saying that it has been redesigned. Now I read above that it may be weakening. Sure it was nice when I had my tundra (not sure what Toyota uses) but there were no secondary issues or wear-out. I think I am going to stay away on this one.

I figure for $40 buck...WTF? If it fails in a year or 2, its still only $40.

Shit..I drop more than that a month on internet ****! :ROFLJest:

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Do it. You won't regret it. I love mine. No kinking and no sign of weakening.

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figure for $40 buck...WTF? If it fails in a year or 2, its still only $40.

Shit..I drop more than that a month on internet ****! :ROFLJest:

you pay for internet ****? my god i need to teach you the ways! errr i mean... ive heard things... but never uhmm checked that info..... :secret:

went upstairs about half hour ago to make some lunch, and see a box outside my door. its my EZ DOWN ALREADY!!! i just ordered it teusday! like exactly 48 hours ago now... Dee Zee is awesome!

and yeah... say the thing stops working as well in 1-3 years..... its $40, who the **** cares at that point! so you buy another one and replace the shock for $40... i spend more a week on single mothers!!! :ROFLJest: