I might of messed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So… I got my Deaver + 4s installed and was wanting to adjust my FFRS coilovers to gain 1in of lift in the front. Being unable to find a suitable tutorial on how to exactly do that, I went to a nearby 4x4 shop with supposedly 45 years of experience. I explained what I wanted and he said “ no problem”, we even have our own alignment machine, cool beans! I dropped the truck off yesterday at around 11:00, at 3:00 I get a call from the shop. “ Oh man, we can’t get to the locking bolt on one of these and the hoses prevent us from getting a full turn with our spanner wrench’s”, I’m like, “ Yeah, I know all that, that’s why I brought it to you”. He said, we are probably gonna have to take them out to adjust them. I suggested they may only need to pop the top part out to adjust, he’s like” have you ever taken one of these out”, I’m like” how do you think they got in there in the first place.
When I got home I emailed them the installation guide with torque specs. Later in the evening he emailed they were successful and would do alignment this morning. Now I’m freaking out about what all they have messed up. I’m so sick of supposedly professional shops doing crap work. I had to different Ram/ Cummins with Carli suspensions, the first one I did all the work myself, the second one, I let another shop install part of it, and I swear they didn’t tighten a single bolt back up, unbelievable.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A professional does something until they don't get it wrong.
A amateur does something until they get it right.

Lots of amateurs out their parading around like professionals.

(I am not perfect by any means, but I am on my guys daily about this exact thing)
Exactly right. I’m generally pretty good at ******** up things all by myself, but I only do it once. Wishing I’d just done it myself now.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly right. I’m generally pretty good at ******** up things all by myself, but I only do it once. Wishing I’d just done it myself now.
Yea, paying to have something get Eph-ed up is the worst. We just finished a total remodel of our house. I started the project three years ago and got 3 rooms done pretty fast,but then life happened. So 8 months ago we hired a contractor to finish. Coming home and seeing ****** work just pissed me off every night. I should have moved out for the project. I like a good whiskey or 2 every night but I drank a lot. Wife and I would argue every couple days. In the end the contractor made it great and the house turned out amazing. But it was not an enjoyable experience, knowing I pay more attention to detail and I am not a construction person, AND the remodel cost almost what the house AND 1 acre cost 22 years ago (home almost 30 years old)