Catalytic converter shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw a surveillance video of these “cat” burglars. In a matter of minutes, the cat is gone with a cordless sawsall.

Not sure if a plate will prevent theft-perhaps slow them down a bit.

Personally, 50k volts thru the exhaust system would teach them. Or air suspension, that drops to the ground when triggered.

That's what this pair was doing, 2 guys each with a cordless saw.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK wise guys.

I’m referring to some kind of shield/under body panel. The thieves are getting the job done in 5-10 minutes at our summer residence in Minneapolis. Down here in TERLINGUA there is no issue, since everybody owns weapons.

PS. Garage is too small for Raptor. It does fit two XC90’s or one XX90 and an old Alfa Romeo well though :)

Get a new summer residence in a pro gun area. I solve this problem by not living or vacationing in areas where criminals run around like they own the world.

Also don't you have insurance? Can't imagine insurance wouldn't cover theft of a cat.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you guys actually looked at where the cats are? Go in w/ a cordless drill good chance walk away +2 cats -3 fingers

my guess is no- or else you’d see they’re hard as shit to reach

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I saw a surveillance video of these “cat” burglars. In a matter of minutes, the cat is gone with a cordless sawsall.

Not sure if a plate will prevent theft-perhaps slow them down a bit.

Personally, 50k volts thru the exhaust system would teach them. Or air suspension, that drops to the ground when triggered.

I already mentioned in my first post bout the motorcycle battery hooked up to it lol- 1000% serious, had a MAGA sign stolen from property 2x, then I put it right near my mailbox w/ wires running up granite post & the battery in the mailbox itself

i never saw anyone actually grab it but I’ll just say that sign never did get stolen fwiw

Talons2006

Reaction score
pDuC6Iv.jpgThis popped up when I was looking for something else.

I made a cat shield for my truck, and can product them for others. They should function as a pretty beefy skid plate too....

I haven’t fit one on a raptor... but looked under one and it should mount the same. Anyone in Houston want to try one?

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pDuC6Iv.jpgThis popped up when I was looking for something else.

I made a cat shield for my truck, and can product them for others. They should function as a pretty beefy skid plate too....

I haven’t fit one on a raptor... but looked under one and it should mount the same. Anyone in Houston want to try one?
Near Austin... have an installed pic?