Catalytic converter shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have any of you found or installed an anti theft device for a catalytic converter on a Gen 2?

Can’t always be near the Raptor with the shotgun to prevent a-holes from thieving.

Thanks guys and gals.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I really don’t think they’re going to be that easy to get at, if you really want a theft deterrent hook em up to a motorcycle battery when you leave it on the street...just make sure ya disconnect wires before starting up lol

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK wise guys.

I’m referring to some kind of shield/under body panel. The thieves are getting the job done in 5-10 minutes at our summer residence in Minneapolis. Down here in TERLINGUA there is no issue, since everybody owns weapons.

PS. Garage is too small for Raptor. It does fit two XC90’s or one XX90 and an old Alfa Romeo well though :)

Last edited:

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They actually make the plates for other vehicles.

if this is residential, I’d put up a Nest camera or at the very least a trail cam, as a deterrent. In the city? Good luck

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep...residential...I'm down to only four vehicles from nine...still only a two car garage.

Someone at the local REI stopped in the store to pick up a package...came out 10 minutes later and his cat was gone...it was a Prius though :)

I will put a plate on if I can find one for the Raptor.

One of you guys need to mfg these as a side business...maybe Old Fart has the spare time...

Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It depends where you live, some areas have pro's stealing them full time. It quieted down several years ago around here, once a guy with a used car lot got in a shootout with 2 of them.

I saw a surveillance video of these “cat” burglars. In a matter of minutes, the cat is gone with a cordless sawsall.

Not sure if a plate will prevent theft-perhaps slow them down a bit.

Personally, 50k volts thru the exhaust system would teach them. Or air suspension, that drops to the ground when triggered.