Can the stock motor support a supercharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Please let me know how you really feel)) Did you timing chain blow up yet. Go to your local Ford dealer and talk to the rank and file mechanics and parts guys. They will tell you the V6 Raptor engine pops the timing chain after the limited drive train warranty expires. Or if your ego can handle the stress , Google " Raptor V6 timing chain problems" please share your findings with us.
“Pops the timing chain” :happy175:

Never in my life have I seen a such a ridiculous and downright stupid claim.

There are no timing chain issues on Gen 2 or 3 Raptors. There are no service messages for timing chain concerns. You’re once again making it up as you go. I’ve forgotten more about these engines than your cumulative knowledge of anything automotive, which clearly isn’t much. you’re a know nothing clown using random google searches to try and support your idiotic claims. It’s a desperate attempt on your part to try and save face.

But hey, it’s another fabricated lie to add to your reputation on here! Way to go Sasquatch!
:chewie:

@Nex @smurfslayer @TwizzleStix
@Oldfart

PSA! Check your timing chains guys! We have a knuckle dragging 3.5 expert here now, they’re all about to “pop”!!!! Or “blow up”!! :insane:

Last edited:

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It even has the non plastic valve covers. Im thinking pre 2012 crate engine. Once its in my garage I have to share pics. Its a unicorn.lol
Again I would jump on it if it is a good deal. Send your tranny out and you will be on your way. I look forward to seeing pics.... Of your unicorn. LOL but serous. I would stop tearing down your old one then. You could sell it for a "rebuild ready". if you don't need a core. New you typically don't. You will get more if It is together. NOW what about that Whipple?

OP
OP
T

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
“Pops the timing chain” :happy175:

Never in my life have I seen a such a ridiculous and downright stupid claim.

There are no timing chain issues on Gen 2 or 3 Raptors. You’re once again making it up as you go. I’m well versed in these engines to say the least, you’re a know-nothing clown using random google searches to try and support your idiotic claims.

But hey, it’s another fabricated lie to add to your reputation on here! Way to go Sasquatch!
:chewie:

@Nex @smurfslayer @TwizzleStix

Check your timing chains guys! They’re about to “pop”!!!! Or “blow up”!! :insane:

Again I would jump on it if it is a good deal. Send your tranny out and you will be on your way. I look forward to seeing pics.... Of your unicorn. LOL but serous. I would stop tearing down your old one then. You could sell it for a "rebuild ready". if you don't need a core. New you typically don't. You will get more if It is together. NOW what about that Whipple?
My curiosity got the best of me. I took the heads off and next are the mains. I want to see the wear level and the impact of regular oil changes with Amsoil. The whipple is the last piece im not thinking about now until everything else checks out. I grabbed a new Kooks Green exhaust system off Ebay dirt cheap. Seems luck is in my corner )) Hope it stays that way. Im not in a rush since my daily driver is a Camaro ZL1 ))

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't read this entire thread but i did pick up on a theme i wanted to address. The whole notion about not motor swapping or putting money into a 12-13 year old truck and motor swapping seems to ignore what's been going on in the aftermarket for what 20+ years and especially these days with all the kits available.
Assuming everyone here has seen the prices of old trucks skyrocket. Go try and find a nice F100, C10, Bronco, Squarebody...on and on, all are expensive now. People want the style, simplicity and ability to install a new drivetrain.
I just finished a swap into my Bronco and will be swapping a 7.3 into my Gen 1 once the 6.2 expires. And yes i know the hp/tq is roughly the same but the trans is much better and there's a ton of aftermarket support. Do i expect the $35k i spend on a swap to come back to me? Nope, and i don't care since it's what I want, i'm not building the truck for someone else. I have owned a Gen 2 and 2 Gen 3's but now have an XLT and a Gen 1 i'm building for Baja fun. My Gen 3 was traded in on these 2 trucks and it made for sense for me to have a play truck and a daily for the same money as my Gen 3.
I'll order another Raptor maybe in a year or so but in no hurry since i love this Gen 1.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll give input to the OP. I put a whipple on stock motor at 80K. I went with the stage 2 from JDM. They had a smaller pulley in the box, so I stuck that on the whipple. Bad move. Between the added boost and pulling a trailer, I blew the rings off of one of my pistons. Drove it on 7 cylinders until I dropped compression on a 2nd cylinder 4 months later. From there it stayed parked until I dropped in a 6.6L long block from Livernois. I got greedy. So I got really greedy with the 6.6 and came back sronger than ever. If you do throw a whipple on there, make sure you add a new alternator as well. The oil gears would be good as well and stay modest with boost on stock motor.