Buying decision??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. With all of it. But if I was Raptorless, I wouldn't let gen 3 being a brand new model slow me down. The engine and tranny are not new, and that's big.
I can promise you there is a big difference in the feel of the torque curve also something was definitely changed in the transmission. It is night and day comparison to my 2020. Trust me I was thinking the same as you but I am convinced now a they changed a lot of things engine wise and don’t even get me started on the new brake system. Mind is blown

Attachments

• 3F0EF97A-F165-46D1-911E-88480E609612.jpeg
    3F0EF97A-F165-46D1-911E-88480E609612.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
D

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now dealer told me I can also get $3500 in trade in/ buying incentives from Ford.

May be too good to pass up even though I had planned on keeping my 2017 for 3-4 more years!

irojas

Reaction score
Now dealer told me I can also get $3500 in trade in/ buying incentives from Ford.

May be too good to pass up even though I had planned on keeping my 2017 for 3-4 more years!
I would definitely double check on that, since no promos are ever applicable to Raptors. I still think that 17k is a great deal. Your 17 will start to depreciate faster when the newer model has a more significant numbers of units in the market.

Jake226

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’d be keen to hear about these incentives if you wouldn’t mind sharing when you get details.

I traded in my 2019 802A in July for ~5k more than I paid for it new. Agreed on MSRP for a 35” leadfoot that is supposed to be produced at the end of October. Even though trade-in values have cooled since early summer, the market is still too hot to not at least consider some of these offers…..I’d say the one they made you is pretty fair. That incentive makes it a no brainer if you have another ride to get you by til your truck gets here. Just do like others have said and keep the trade in offer they’ve made separate from the purchase price of the new one as you consider the deal.

JPat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would say the gap is going to grow larger as your 17' depreciates back to somewhat normal of a number.

I just got an offer from Carvana of $58,500 for my 801a SCAB that I paid $59k for last year. Very rare to be able to drive something for a year and lose virtually no value. That has to change soon now that the Gen 3's are hitting the ground and likely to have uptick in used inventory of Gen 2's.

JerseyMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also I think it is always better to negogiate the amount extra when trading in as a lot of dealers play games (low trade in with great new price or high trade in with ADM). bottom line if you are trading is that the only number that matters is the difference.