Anyone still waiting on a 2017 due to recall issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a 2017 Raptor, took it home and the dealer called me back and said I had to bring it back due to a recall. I've been waiting since Sept. 9- over 6 weeks. The gave me a loaner truck. Dealer calls me every couple of days, but no news from them or anywhere on the internet.

If u bought it and did all the paperwork or paid for it, why would you "have to bring it back" given no fix yet?

Jerry43

Reaction score
You’re right; I didn’t have to bring it back. In retrospect, knowing it what I know now, Im not sure what I would have done. I definitely would have renegotiated some things

OP
OP
T

TRADERJAB

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is impacting sales of 2018’s? Or just at 2017 issue , just can’t believe Ford still doesn’t have a remedy to replace a lousy rivet. And that some of us have trucks stuck in limbo at the dealership. Just seeing if anyone had a deeper knowledge of what the hold up is. Thanks

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know if this is impacting sales of 2018’s? Or just at 2017 issue , just can’t believe Ford still doesn’t have a remedy to replace a lousy rivet. And that some of us have trucks stuck in limbo at the dealership. Just seeing if anyone had a deeper knowledge of what the hold up is. Thanks

Dealers already have a tool to test the rivet size and those that pass are free to go. But I believe trucks that fail require an entire new assembly and those parts are in high demand and backordered for obvious reasons.

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from Ford last week stating there is a seatbelt recall out for my truck. In the letter it stats that there is no remedy for the problem yet. When they do, I will be contacted to take my Raptor in to fix the recall.

Just FYI

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received a letter from Ford last week stating there is a seatbelt recall out for my truck. In the letter it stats that there is no remedy for the problem yet. When they do, I will be contacted to take my Raptor in to fix the recall.

Just FYI

Same here.

Jerry43

Reaction score
17C12 Recall getting fixed?!!

My dealer called yesterday and said the part they need for the seatbelt should be arriving in about a week and they should have it fixed in a week and 1/2 to 2 weeks. Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel for getting this fixed.