GEN 2 Allocations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey guys bumping an old thread here...

I left a $500 deposit on a credit card with Mike Bass ford for a new raptor build at MSRP. Salesman assures me they have more allocations.

Salesman requests that once DORA is generated I provide another $4500 via wire transfer. The entire $5000 is refundable.

The wire transfer thing is alarming to me as obviously it is more difficult to get money the money back. Now that I'm reading they play games with deposits and don't necessarily have allocations I am really concerned.

If you are talking about Mike Bass in Ohio, that is where I got my Raptor. They were honest with me and didn't try to pull any typical stealership tricks. The salesman (Justin) even drove 30 minutes to pick me up from the airport. It was a great experience and I'd do it again without hesitation. I bought a Raptor from inventory and they only asked for a $1k deposit on a credit card to hold the truck for a few days.

As already pointed out, you have more options if you use a credit card, but I'm sure they are trying to avoid CC fees (~3%) on that $5k deposit. Plus it might be tricky getting those CC fees refunded from the credit card processor if you request a refund more than 30 after the payment was processed.

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about Mike Bass in Ohio, that is where I got my Raptor. They were honest with me and didn't try to pull any typical stealership tricks. The salesman (Justin) even drove 30 minutes to pick me up from the airport. It was a great experience and I'd do it again without hesitation. I bought a Raptor from inventory and they only asked for a $1k deposit on a credit card to hold the truck for a few days.

As already pointed out, you have more options if you use a credit card, but I'm sure they are trying to avoid CC fees (~3%) on that $5k deposit. Plus it might be tricky getting those CC fees refunded from the credit card processor if you request a refund more than 30 after the payment was processed.

Yeah it is Mike Bass but it is for a build not an in stock truck. I've been shown pre-order form and they say the truck has been ordered but no Dora yet. We'll see.

Maha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cancel my order yesterday from a TX dealer, I ended up buying one off the lot elsewhere. I order it with CA emissions sticker (option 29). He will drop ship the order to your local Ford dealer. No additional fee. Your local CA dealer can register it since it has the CA emissions stickers. It's due around probably around March (maybe April) 2018. I order it back in June, 2017, it's been a while and I got tired of waiting. It was his last allocation for 2018. I don't have the VIN# yet, so you can still change the order to whatever you want. He has another one (Lead fooot) in stock right now. Both are at MSRP if you're interested. PM me.

Last edited: