Airbag dash light On

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have a bunch of other codes as well so it may all be related. I'm assuming nothing has been changed on the truck recently? Do all the codes come back after they're cleared? The U codes are usually communication codes. Do you have the Phoenix screen?

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a bunch of other codes as well so it may all be related. I'm assuming nothing has been changed on the truck recently? Do all the codes come back after they're cleared? The U codes are usually communication codes. Do you have the Phoenix screen?
Yes i have the phoenix screen. There is no CEL. I get various codes that dont set off a CEL like the shutter motors being disconnected, the start/stop turned off which turns off the BCM etc.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne any thoughts on what I should look at here?
DTC B1202 sets when the Restraints Module (RCM) receives a fault message from the FCIM (center stack control panel) indicating a fault with the passenger airbag deactivation (PAD) indicator.

Diagnostics state to carry out a Self-Test on the FCIM and diagnose any DTCs in that module. Have you installed any aftermarket electronics recently or had the dash apart?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i have the phoenix screen. There is no CEL. I get various codes that dont set off a CEL like the shutter motors being disconnected, the start/stop turned off which turns off the BCM etc.
Gotcha, I'd check the plugs on the back of the Phoenix, specifically the FCIM like FTO suggested. The B1164 was for the heated mirrors which I think also comes from the FCIM

OP
OP
nikhsub1

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DTC B1202 sets when the Restraints Module (RCM) receives a fault message from the FCIM (center stack control panel) indicating a fault with the passenger airbag deactivation (PAD) indicator.

Diagnostics state to carry out a Self-Test on the FCIM and diagnose any DTCs in that module. Have you installed any aftermarket electronics recently or had the dash apart?
I've had the Phoenix radio installed for over 2 years now... no issue until this.
Gotcha, I'd check the plugs on the back of the Phoenix, specifically the FCIM like FTO suggested. The B1164 was for the heated mirrors which I think also comes from the FCIM
What exactly is the FCIM?

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the Phoenix radio installed for over 2 years now... no issue until this.

What exactly is the FCIM?
It's the climate panel that you removed from the stock dash and had to add to the phoenix setup. I'm not sure if the FCIM or the APIM connector is responsible for the passenger airbag indicator light, but both are part of that center stack so I'd just confirm the wiring looks good and everything is connected behind the screen. Guessing a wire probably rubbed through somewhere back there given the issue just suddenly appeared. It's also possible the phoenix itself could be having issues as the indicator light is built into the display

Last edited:

c5chris99

Reaction score
@nikhsub1 have you found a resolution to issue as I am experiencing the exact same problem also have a Autotecpro? Dash light only appears when someone is present in the passenger seat. I have ran successful test on the FCIM, OSC reset/ reboot, and checked every connection back to the head unit as well. Anyone have any thoughts?