against the law to color change wrap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this sounds like BS to me but I thought i would ask. MY dealership cautioned me that i may get a ticket because the color of my truck doesn't match the VIN and I could get that changed at a secretary of state office.

anybody know anything about this? like i said, seems far fetched to me and I didn't find anything about it in the searches I did.

richwoodrocket

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not changing the color of the truck. It's just like a huge bumper sticker. Easily removed. Completely false information.

Last edited:

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of this. I would check your local municipal ordinances for anything that prohibits all wraps, or just wraps with advertising. Unless you live in a town like Elmore City, Oklahoma, I wouldn't worry about law enforcement stopping you because you changed the color of your truck by covering it with a giant sticker.

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on your state/local laws. If you completely changed the color of the vehicle, that might be a no-go, unless you have the color changed on the vehicle registration.

It's basically the same thing if you painted the truck a different color.

OP
OP
rap67

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on your state/local laws. If you completely changed the color of the vehicle, that might be a no-go, unless you have the color changed on the vehicle registration.

It's basically the same thing if you painted the truck a different color.

this is what the dealer was essentially saying...i may look into it, was just curious if anyone knew....

WReX24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is what the dealer was essentially saying...i may look into it, was just curious if anyone knew....

I know in Massachusetts, if I were to be pulled over for whatever reason in my blue truck, when they ran my plates it would come up with the vehicle Make, Model, Color, etc... so if I had a green wrap on it, that would be a problem. I don't know what the actual citation would be, if anything.

Additionally, when it came time for yearly inspection, I'm pretty certain that it would not pass inspection because the appearance of the vehicle no longer matches the description in the registration.

Best bet would be to check with your RMV/DMV whatever it's called in your neck of the woods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts