Gen 3 Modem/TCU unresponsive ... unable to remove previous owner from FordPass app

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m not seeing how the OEM amp would fix the issue. However, on OTA vehicles the TCU is heavily integrated with other vehicle systems, including the Gateway Module. Without knowing whether the TCU is passing a network test and what DTCs are setting, it’s hard to say what may be causing the issue.

OP
OP
leonardopessoa
Reaction score
I’m not seeing how the OEM amp would fix the issue. However, on OTA vehicles the TCU is heavily integrated with other vehicle systems, including the Gateway Module. Without knowing whether the TCU is passing a network test and what DTCs are setting, it’s hard to say what may be causing the issue.
Thanks! I'm guessing the TCU didn't pass the network test given the Ford chat rep doesn't see it pinging since September.

Took the truck to my local customs shop and the awesome guys there showed me that the previous owner actually ruined the OEM sound system too, putting 90's garbage with 5 channels instead, purely focusing on volume. They don't even want to touch it to put it back, but told me they had an ex employee working for my dealership and could work with them directly if I did upgrade the sound system with them ($$$). What a disaster for my dream truck :(

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There was an issue where some TCU had the wrong country code in the asbuilt data. Without knowing your vin or the value it’s hard to tell if that’s the issue? Do you have Forscan?

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Stories like this are the reason I would only buy a used truck if it's 100 percent stock. I know that nothing is ever guaranteed but I'll take my chances over a vehicle that has been tampered with.

OP
OP
leonardopessoa
Reaction score
There was an issue where some TCU had the wrong country code in the asbuilt data. Without knowing your vin or the value it’s hard to tell if that’s the issue? Do you have Forscan?
I don't. Really my first Ford and just purchased it 45 days ago.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Stories like this are the reason I would only buy a used truck if it's 100 percent stock. I know that nothing is ever guaranteed but I'll take my chances over a vehicle that has been tampered with.
I wouldn't buy anything different either. Unfortunately, I just trusted Ford's program and didn't do my own due diligence. Lesson learned the hard way, I guess...

Latest: Schaumburg Ford will reimburse me for the OEM amp, fresh oil + filter, and gas tank after telling them I'd go to the Commerce Commission and Attorney General if I didn't hear back from them. Will work now with my local dealership on what to to next.

Thanks everyone for chiming in. Will update this thread whenever we get to the bottom of it.

Grod760

Reaction score
I’m still connected to my 22 raptor that I sold over a month ago. Dealer marked it up 20k and it hasn’t been sold. Go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter