ADD Intercooler and Relo Kit Compared to Whipple Intercooler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well ya naturally adding things infront the air flow will reduce the flow I was referring about removing the shudders. Removing them will add a small amount of flow but not enough to justify the relocation of the cooler. Ya cutting on a stock truck is crappy I hate it! lol In off road applications the shudders are fully open so. Be nice to have some data showing temp changes.

here's the main reason for the active grill...

it's all about MPG - but honestly on the F-150 body, we're talking peanuts

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Whipple thanks for the response. Clears up why y'all went with the factory location.
So what's y'alls take on the moisture build up and what to do to prevent and expell it?
Also super awesome of yall to offer the group buy. If I didn't already have all that except the intercooler I would be all over that.
I just the intercooler now. My IAT were at around 100 and with a 5th gear pull from 2000 rpm to redlines my IAT climbed to around 170-175. And ambient air was 82. Pretty eye opening.

I call bunk on moisture buildup to be honest, one of the ways that you can de-carbon your intake is to spritz water from a bottle into the intake and it breaks up the deposits...

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I don't disagree with ya Toadster. But there have been know issues of misfire and it's due to moisture. Just wanted to see what the pros of Whipple and Full Race have to say about it.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I don't disagree with ya Toadster. But there have been know issues of misfire and it's due to moisture. Just wanted to see what the pros of Whipple and Full Race have to say about it.

i understand that... maybe a byproduct of direct injection....

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
It may have to do with how the plugs are affected..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We actually know it doesn’t because this issue does not exist on the naturally aspirated 3.5 V6. The water in the system is specific to the ecoboost. The FordTech videos also reiterated this.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
here's the main reason for the active grill...

it's all about MPG - but honestly on the F-150 body, we're talking peanuts

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I call bunk on moisture buildup to be honest, one of the ways that you can de-carbon your intake is to spritz water from a bottle into the intake and it breaks up the deposits...

That is a active grill out from of everything which pushes the air around the vehicle for better MPG nothing like the F150 shutter system. :)