2019 Roush 9k miles, bent my frame need advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least he posts pictures of his Raptor, oh and all insurance
companies will drag their feet due to damages of this truck and its value. Most insurance companies really do suck. Just my two cents

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the repair does proceed by welding on a front section of frame, I would point out that all welders are not created equal. And not everyone that can run a bead should be called a welder. Take it somewhere reputable and talk specifics about the welder and his experience. This is not a job for the 19-year old dude right out of tech school.

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I'd rather they replaced the whole frame. Also I feel pretty confident they will not total the vehicle for a bent frame. A frame is not that much in relation to the value of the vehicle. Good luck man. If I were you I'd just try to keep the truck as long as possible to offset the drop in value from a frame being replaced. Frames get replaced all the time. Not that big of a deal in my opinion. Id rather a whole new frame than a repaired one.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I were you I'd rather they replaced the whole frame. Also I feel pretty confident they will not total the vehicle for a bent frame. A frame is not that much in relation to the value of the vehicle. Good luck man. If I were you I'd just try to keep the truck as long as possible to offset the drop in value from a frame being replaced. Frames get replaced all the time. Not that big of a deal in my opinion. Id rather a whole new frame than a repaired one.
They aren’t going to be replacing anything if they find fraud.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You just proved that you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. First off my Forrester had a FA motor in it the DIT and second I was in it with water up to the windows forging through it. I also went up farm levees and embankments with them that I am sure other vehicles could not have made. You might be talking about 90s to mid 2000 models but you are not talking about the modern ones. I have owned three F-150s in the past 6 years. My family has owned dozens of them through out our time frame and my dad still drives a 03 right now. They are mechanically dependable trucks but the issues I have had with them tend to be the little plastic bits that they use in the sunroofs and the HVAC motors going out on my Gen 1. I spend thousands of dollars getting them repaired, and honestly with foreign vehicles they tend not to have these issues not to mention having higher resell value.

I am not new to the Raptor game and/ or F150 truck. I almost went TSS/TRD Toyota this time and if it was not for finding an unbelievable deal on a fully optioned 18 Raptor with 5-6 grand in accessories on it then I would have. People do things for different reasons and it is not any of my business but some of the homer ism here I do not understand. No a Raptor even the Rousch ones will not beat my STI in any sort of race. However, I would not go off road or down farm roads in the STI like I do the Raptor. Two absolutely separate things.

The 2015 Forrester XT had the FA20 DIT in it, got 25 mpg and for a mid size SUV is big. It is an actual SUV not a wagon like the outback or the older models were. It also has its air box and ECU up high on the firewall by the passengers side wheel well. It has no electronics on floor board level. They no longer make this model and only made it for 2 years with the new WRX FA20 turbo motor. I actually traded it in on my factory order 16 STI limited.

Funny the head gasket issues sound very familiar to Ford and their RS as I am sure they have never quite gotten the 2.3 liter motor perfected well. However, domestics for whatever reason, regardless of the improved quality do not hold their value as well as most foreign vehicles sans some Korea and German stuff.

I love the Truck but it is just that a Truck, a tool for me to use to do work with. I do not understand how most on here feel like it is the be all end all of off road created vehicles.

Subarus are pieces of shit.