2012 updates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least it's only a week bgm. I sold my truck Friday and my build date isn't until the 23. Looks like a rental in my future or commute on the Harley.

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well at least it's only a week bgm. I sold my truck Friday and my build date isn't until the 23. Looks like a rental in my future or commute on the Harley.

Thankfully my family had a loaner to spare. This Friday will mark two weeks since I sold ole blue. I thought about buying it back but it sold to new owner ONE DAY after dealer took possesion! HA.

Another 3-4 weeks till Raptor arrives! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

*No car payments for two months does rule though!! :peace:

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score

ha I sold my DD (2000 HD F-150) back on October 15th, under the impression I may have had a truck around November 15th...LOL! My dad's '85 F-150 that I pulled out of "retirement" for temporary DD duty is now in it's 3rd month of every day use rather than just a few weeks worth, and it's NOT happy about it lol. Nearly 2k miles on the clock already in 2-1/2 months use, when in the past 2 years it had gotten less than 200 miles a year on it lol

Thankfully my family had a loaner to spare. This Friday will mark two weeks since I sold ole blue. I thought about buying it back but it sold to new owner ONE DAY after dealer took possesion! HA.

Another 3-4 weeks till Raptor arrives! AHHHHHHHH!!!!

*No car payments for two months does rule though!! :peace:

Any pics of your SRT-8?

That is the one thing that has me not totally minding the wait. I haven't had a truck payment in a couple years, so the pending $500-$600 a month payment isn't too appealing to look foward to lol. Luckily for me though I already budgeted it into my spending so the recent couple months I expected payments and didn't have any, I used that towards mods :D lol

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ha I sold my DD (2000 HD F-150) back on October 15th, under the impression I may have had a truck around November 15th...LOL! My dad's '85 F-150 that I pulled out of "retirement" for temporary DD duty is now in it's 3rd month of every day use rather than just a few weeks worth, and it's NOT happy about it lol. Nearly 2k miles on the clock already in 2-1/2 months use, when in the past 2 years it had gotten less than 200 miles a year on it lol

Any pics of your SRT-8?

That is the one thing that has me not totally minding the wait. I haven't had a truck payment in a couple years, so the pending $500-$600 a month payment isn't too appealing to look foward to lol. Luckily for me though I already budgeted it into my spending so the recent couple months I expected payments and didn't have any, I used that towards mods :D lol

See attached Pics & Video of my old SRT Jeep as requested. RIP

Steel Blue with blacked out wheels, exhaust tips, and trim.

Pics dont do exterior justice.

Two of the pics were taken back in '07 when I had the SC kit on it (1500 Novi Paxton Head unit aka supercharger pushing 7-8lbs of boost!) along with custom blue chrome engraved SSRT (extra S for supercharged) valve covers and so much more ie Corsa Exhaust, 180 Thermo etc etc.

It ran just as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it.

Other 3 pics (also attached) I took two weeks ago when it got picked up (no SC kit)....so you can see not much changed aside from selling the SC kit. The engine bay still looked brand new the day it sold nearly 5 years later!

The SRT Jeep, when supercharged, use to be one of the fastest vehicles on earth @ 0-60 back in '07 guys. 0-60 times in nearly 3 seconds flat...IN AN SUV!

Here is a youtube link. Note, I did all camera shooting WHILE DRIVING A 550hp SRT-8!! Supercharged Jeep SRT-8 2008 Episode 4 of 6 - YouTube

Again it really was, for the money especially, the badest looking/driving car on earth...until the Raptor was born! :biggun:

Attachments

• Jeep 1.jpg
    Jeep 1.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Jeep 5.jpg
    Jeep 5.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Jeep SC.jpg
    Jeep SC.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 61
  • Jeep Blue.jpg
    Jeep Blue.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 85
  • Jeep 2.jpg
    Jeep 2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 29

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That beast did run huh... lol

Yes it did! My father called it "Ludicris" when I use to have the SC kit. He was right.

I smoked more vette's, ferrari's, lambo's, mustang's, porche's, etc etc. than most of you probably want to know. Down south where I use to have it at....we'd race for pinks--even though I didn't have a pin--this was allowed b/c I never lost!

Nothing could grab and go off the line like an automatic, AWD, 6.1L 3:73 gear, suprcharged, SRT Jeep GC. Nothing. Especially back in '07.

Again, RIP. Hahahah

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my fiance always wanted an SRT8 jeep. She had an SRT4 neon before some stoned driver totaled it while it was PARKED in front of our house, then she got a 2011 5.0 Mustang.

Ever run your SRT8 at the track?

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you call Atlanta Perimeter & closed N. GA strips (GA is where I use to live back east, has the best paved roads in the nation btw) "Track" then yes. haha.

But I really took very good care of it from paint to engine + had maint history 5 inches high and that didnt include all of te washes & details I didnt do myself. Almost 5 years old and it sold with 34K miles. Pretty good.

I had two switches installed above the driver pedal (hidden). One was for 190 degree fan mod (SRT Jeeps run hot) and the other switch was a FULL ABS/ESP bypass. Three dash lights lit up when th bypass switch was thrown, thus, the Jeep was totally free from tire to brake i.e. no traction and no ABS. This was critical so not to fry the ABS when at the track or out whooping ass! LOL. Whoever owns it now has a rare gem. I'm told the new owner is 34 years old nd seekin one for awhile--so I'm happy.

Very cool, stable but also dangerous car if you dont know what the hell you're doing! Thankfully myself and my wolf pack of guardian angels kept me alive. :handshake:

THE END

REPTAR!

MikeD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my old '06 SRT8, I sold it 01/06/11 and the girl that bought it wrecked it within two weeks, had 23k miles all stock and perfect.

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 56
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 68

Quicksand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple pics of my old '06 SRT8, I sold it 01/06/11 and the girl that bought it wrecked it within two weeks, had 23k miles all stock and perfect.

SICK!! A few exterior and lots of interor changes b/t the '06 & '08 model. Both still same on paper though.

Figures the chick wrecked it....most people assume since it has AWD and an SUV it's safe even in rain. NOT! The run flat tires were so hard to the surface.....in a drop of rain they lose traction and off into the ditch you go.

Dealer I bought mine from wrecked the lot model in one month. Now try an imagine it with an extra 130hp like mine use to be!! It was a rocket ship!

I'm pretty proud of myself for handling & surviving the SRT-8 & SSRT-8 Jeep GC. It will be missed.