2010 Raptor - Help highly appreciated !!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkfc13

HPA Systems LLC.
Reaction score
engines need 3 things to start - air, fuel and spark.

If it were me, the first thing I would do is check the spark. Remove a spark plug, plug it into the coil (leaving it out of the cylinder), ground the plug and crank the engine. Make sure you get a good strong spark. There are safer ways to check this also but the principle is the same.

From a fuel standpoint, your spark plug electrodes might give you clues if you are running rich, lean or have bad gas. There are good resources online with pictures of spark plugs removed from engines with problems. Your injectors can be removed and checked on a flow bench for proper operation. You could also remove a fuel line and see if you get fuel when you crank the engine. That would rule out a clogged fuel filter or fuel pump issues when cold.

on the "air" side, maybe check to make sure nothing is sticking on your throttle body in cold weather.

I too have a 5.4L truck so let me know if you need me to check anything on my truck.