Legal or Not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muddin46

Reaction score
I have the led fog lights at the bottom of my truck and people flash their brights occasionally they put off good light but I've always wondered in I will get pulled over or if they are legal Here's a Pic

Attachments

• Raptor.jpg
    Raptor.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 102

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depends on the state. on paper, here in california, ANY modification to the lighting is illegal. however it is hardly enforced. only when you have obnoxious lights will you get pulled over

D

Deleted member 12951

Go to a donut shop and buy a cop another donut and while you are chatting have him look at your lights and tell you if they would be a concern.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If people are flashing you and a cop were to be oncoming, and he didn't have pressing matters, he's probably gonna stop you. It'd probably just be a verbal warning but I wouldn't press the issue. In virginia you're required to have covers on them. In Indiana I'm allowed to have two fog lamps at a certain height and the beam can't exceed more than 25ft.

WNCHSTR96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As silly as this sounds, just get in another vehicle (or walk if you have to) at night, of course and approach your Raptor parked on the street (at least 150 yards away) with your "fog lights" on and see if they blind you? You might be surprised. One may be off and pissing the oncoming traffic off. "My eyes! My Eyes! why must you blind me?!" My favorite is when you ask a driver at a red light why you have your brights on and they reply "So I can see". F'n ******. Point is I'm thinkin they are blinding people.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an idea... I will walk around in front of you and shine a flashlight in your eyes all day cool? they are off road lights. as in nobody is coming the other direction. wake up kid and angle them properly

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you had three roof bar on by accident? Lol....

Fog lights should be aimed downward. So if your getting flashed, they could need readjusted.

What state do you live in and what fog lights do you have?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

BearLeeAsian

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I accidentally had one of my 40" bars on driving through a small town in Oklahoma... Don't know how long it had been on, but it was during the day, a cop flashed his brights at me..

For me, I wouldn't drive with those on, especially if they are aimed up. You don't want to be blinding someone coming right at you, do you?

Raptor Embroidery

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>Raptor_Al_41</font
Reaction score
Yeah some ****** was sitting at a red light across from me. He had a lifted white raptor and had those rigid fog lights on. All 4 of them. I flashed my brights, he flashed his back. I got fed up and flashed my 2 40's and the light cannons. Still didn't turn them off. I saw him at a car show I was at and I told him his fog lights are waaaay too bright. He said, no they aren't. I said *********, sit in my raptor and then tell me they aren't too bright.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk