So what were my chances?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jarrettaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a question for some of you that know your engines more. My wife and I were headed to lunch on Sunday. We entered the freeway and immediately a white Chevy 2500 HD pulls up to my side. I can tell that he doesn't care for my truck and starts the taunting. He revs several times and stays right at my side. Finally, I look over and see him giving me the thumbs down. I laugh and mind my own business. I am a very laid back guy and it takes a lot to get me going. Anyway, he continues right beside me and rolls his window down and gives me the "Your number one sign". At this point I feel my blood pressure rising, but my wife steps in and and keeps me level. He stays right by me and keeps the antics going. I was not going to stoop to the level of a complete loser whose whole manhood is based on the fact of one truck outperforming another. I am 39 and although VERY competitive, have a sense of safety for myself, my wife, and others on the road, even if they are D-Bags. This goes on for about 5 miles and finally he sticks his head out the window, starts rubbing his eyes like he's crying like a baby. He finally get's off on the next exit and the BS is over. So my question is this: Of course I don't know what he had under the hood, but let's say it's stock. My is except for K&N, but I know that's nothing. If I would have accepted his childish invitation to see whose ******* was bigger, whose would've been faster? I was guessing he would have smoked me, but not completely sure. I know it's not built to race on pavement, but just wondering.

mike.s

Reaction score
Who's to say what he has under the hood? Stock vs stock it would probably be close.

This guy is the definition of *********. He stuck his head out the window, rubbing his eyes??? Was this a passenger of the guy driving? Either way, sounds like a total moron.

OP
OP
jarrettaf

jarrettaf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who's to say what he has under the hood? Stock vs stock it would probably be close.

This guy is the definition of *********. He stuck his head out the window, rubbing his eyes??? Was this a passenger of the guy driving? Either way, sounds like a total moron.

Yea. I couldn't have written Diary of a Douchbag any better. This was the driver, but he was carrying a passenger.

D

Deleted member 12951

Wow. If I was by myself I probably would have punched it or the exact opposite and slowed down to 40 the minimum speed and if he would slow to that then I definitely would have punched it. I think you would win but it would boil down to who wants to maintain high speeds for the longest, probably not worth even knowing.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I'm with Rick @RDFTS

If my wife was in the car I would have slowed down and let him continue to be an idiot. If he continued, then it's time to find another road.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well forget the under the hood deal altogether., It is going to come down to who stomps it first and that's usually the winner. I am an ass hat while driving and in my town there is a particular intersection that narrows to one lane on the other side a few hundred feet. It does not really matter much to me what the other persons driving only that I get to the lane reduction first. I win that bet more often than not and usually only loose if the traffic is already moving before I get there. But I am old, don't really care to much if I live to my next birthday or not and don't care to much for other people that don't drive a Raptor...