It didn't end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
A friend just purchased a Gen 2 ....I drove it and was not impressed ....sounds like a Kia .....Ford should have offered a V8 supercharged option ...otherwise I will keep my 14 forever !!!

That's kind of how I was, but for what seemed to be a lot of intangible reasons.

Yeah the exhaust sound sucked really bad, but whatever that's a quick fix if you want to be. It was just weird, it was a really nice truck but I felt like it lacked 'soul' for want of a better term. I really wanted to like it, but came away feeling 'meh' about it.

For a daily driver though, I think it's a great truck for sure.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's kind of how I was, but for what seemed to be a lot of intangible reasons.

Yeah the exhaust sound sucked really bad, but whatever that's a quick fix if you want to be. It was just weird, it was a really nice truck but I felt like it lacked 'soul' for want of a better term. I really wanted to like it, but came away feeling 'meh' about it.

For a daily driver though, I think it's a great truck for sure.
You can not make a mouse bark for better words on exhaust patch remedy for GEN2. Plastic fantastic? Just saw one going through a light the other day, it farted and went....

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
You can not make a mouse bark for better words on exhaust patch remedy for GEN2. Plastic fantastic? Just saw one going through a light the other day, it farted and went....

Eh, just quiet it down, that's probably the route I'd take. Or I'd leave the fake noise on and never roll down my windows :rofl:

The noise sucks, but wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eh, just quiet it down, that's probably the route I'd take. Or I'd leave the fake noise on and never roll down my windows :rofl:

The noise sucks, but wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me.

So are considering a GEN2? Did you know you can put an order on one at Starbucks now...

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So are considering a GEN2? Did you know you can put an order on one at Starbucks now...

#fakenews just like the Costco Raptor purchase program.

They do give you free mochas for life with a Gen 2 purchase though. You just have to ask.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
#fakenews just like the Costco Raptor purchase program.

They do give you free mochas for life with a Gen 2 purchase though. You just have to ask.

SOLD SOLD SOLD. I need my mocha in the morning and this is too good to pass up

mcote1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold my '13 last year in anticipation that when the Gen2's came out that it would make the prices dip a little, but like everyone has seen, they haven't at all. I kind of wish I kept it.. Speaks a lot for the truck though. I loved my '13 and if I had my choice (and space) I would have one of each Gen. They are so different! The Gen2's are awesome and I don't think you can fully understand until you actually drive it over a longer period than a test drive (the thing really is a rocket ship, for a truck, at certain speeds/gears). That being said, there are a number of things that I do not like about the Gen2. I believe that will happen with any 2nd, 3rd, etc Gen vehicle. They have to make them different to keep the incentive to buy them. My biggest concern with the EcoV6 or any turbocharged motor for that matter is the long term reliability.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm seeing 13/14's SCABs within a 500 mile radius of on the lots in the mid to high 40's with anywhere from 22k to 55k miles on them.