Confessions of a wheeler turned mall crawler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aR4CE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent the better part of my 20s building, breaking, and wheeling a jeep TJ. We were out every weekend and lived by the mantra "if you're not getting stuck, you're not wheelin'." Fast forward a few years and I had the means to finally buy my dream truck- a brand spankin' new '13 Raptor. When I watched the videos of it shredding baja, I knew it was the perfect truck for me.

I brought it home with 10 miles on the odometer, ordered a few rigid LEDs and realized I didn't want to get a scratch on my brand new dream truck. Save a few dirt roads and dirt detours, I never had the gumption to really test it or enjoy it. I took pride in the first brand-new truck and dared friends to find a single scratch or blemish.

I traded the truck in last week with 30,000 babied miles... along with another garage toy. I picked up another '13 (terrain this time) with 13k on the odometer.

For some reason, this new truck with it's small blemishes is just screaming to see some dirt. The mod list is long, and I've gotten a good start.. but the wheelin' itch is back. I'm shooting for TRR this year, and this raptor is going to be used for its intended purpose-- all dressed up at ride n' shine, and getting equally dirty and abused on the weekends.

Time to get back into the game. I'm sure some of you can relate to the story, and it's good to be back.

Mods feel free to move this to Gen1 (didn't see the new setup)

Last edited:

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got a slight chub reading this. Welcome back to the addiction. Speed is soo much better than crawling.