30 Days 4500 miles in Baja a few Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BAble

Reaction score
Since mile 300 she gets a insane rattle in the exhaust at low RPMs, sounds metallic, dealer already checked out and said it was a clip... but its not a clip its a massive aggressive noise inside the exhaust. It sounds about as ghetto as it gets driving. again the issue comes and goes like the AC

Even with Advan track off it auto kicks in sometimes and turns truck back to normal driving mode. This one drives me crazy
I just had both of these things happen to me for the first time. Does anyone know if these issues would be related?

Background:

I was in Baja mode on the 8th lap of a rally at WOT when suddenly it went into normal mode and threw errors: exhaust modes not support / service engine soon / adaptive cruise not available. The exhaust went from the awesome sounds of baja mode to someone farting through an oscillating fan. I limped to the finish. Shut the truck off. Waited 30 seconds. Turned it back on. No issues. No CEL. Normal exhaust sound. Went back to baja mode and finished my laps. Drove home. No further issues except I hear the exhaust rattle I've been reading about on the forums here. I'm debating just cutting out the valves.

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
It’s back in Cabo and now it’s got a hiccup from 1st to 2nd gear. AC is working fine since they redid the entire system. Traction control kicks on sometimes even when advance track is turned off and it kicked on at a very bad time and put me into some bushes. No damage but a serious cause for concern. I lost all brakes pulling up to a guard gate and went straight into the gate again luckily no damage. The modes going to normal I’ve experienced many times and the R button working 50% of the time. I’ve contracted Ford customer service because it’s $1,100 in fuel each time to drive her back + my time and miles getting tired of it

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
damn, sorry to hear that. Are they at least proving you a Raptor Assault test mule for down time? They should be outfitting your truck with telemetry equipment and using that data to make it better.

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have brought my Raptor R in 4 times now for the same A/C issue within the last year.

My issue has been the same each time...Will not blow air more than level 1 speed no matter how high I turn it up (level 1 to level 7) and it's not cold at all, more like warm room temp air no matter how low I turn the temp.

I just got the truck back last week for the 4th time and they said there was TSB 24-2093 and they reprogrammed the PCM and HVAC module along with drying out the evaporator case.

We will see if the problem has been resolved.