30 Days 4500 miles in Baja a few Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Picked her up Oct 28th 2023 with 30 miles on her. Shes breaking 4500 miles already after a busy month working down in MX.

I need help with a few issues as the dealer cant seem to figure out. I decided to drive her stateside because the issues yesterday (mainly the AC) is a straight deal breaker for me down south working. Im a crispy critter

AC totally drops out for hours at a time if not days. But will work fine for days at a time as well. Doesnt sound like ford has a solution to this? Any updates from other owners.

Since mile 300 she gets a insane rattle in the exhaust at low RPMs, sounds metallic, dealer already checked out and said it was a clip... but its not a clip its a massive aggressive noise inside the exhaust. It sounds about as ghetto as it gets driving. again the issue comes and goes like the AC

Even with Advan track off it auto kicks in sometimes and turns truck back to normal driving mode. This one drives me crazy

Any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0019 2.jpg
    IMG_0019 2.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 174

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Since mile 300 she gets a insane rattle in the exhaust at low RPMs, sounds metallic, dealer already checked out and said it was a clip... but its not a clip its a massive aggressive noise inside the exhaust. It sounds about as ghetto as it gets driving.

It is a clip. Multiple reports of the exhaust valve having issues and needing replacement. This is most likely your problem with the exhaust. A few threads on it here.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Even with Advan track off it auto kicks in sometimes and turns truck back to normal driving mode. This one drives me crazy
That’s probably going to have to be ‘tuned’ out.

Since at least Jen Too, the electronic nannies cannot be disabled fully, so when you start hooning, it’s only a matter of time until the fun gets whacked.
The AC thing is ... I can’t remember anyone reporting anything similar here.
What do your Ford contacts say ( Because, if Ford Performance isn’t listening to your comments and engaging with you directly, they are flat out stupid ).

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm zero help but nice 172 (and R of course). Also, no A/C in a black truck? Not cool bro. But your heat shock proteins are probably good to go :hmmm2:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
The AC is most likely the evaporator freezing up. Mine did this a few times last year, turning it over to heat for a few minutes will melt the ice then your back in business. I have since just ran the system in "auto" mode and generally only adjust the temp a little or fan speed up and down, have not had it happen again.
As I have read the repair is to tear the dash apart and replace some parts, that may or may not fix it. Only time I think about it now is when I read something here.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The AC is most likely the evaporator freezing up. Mine did this a few times last year, turning it over to heat for a few minutes will melt the ice then your back in business. I have since just ran the system in "auto" mode and generally only adjust the temp a little or fan speed up and down, have not had it happen again.
As I have read the repair is to tear the dash apart and replace some parts, that may or may not fix it. Only time I think about it now is when I read something here.

I had the AC issue on my Gen 3. It was horrible, stop blowing cold air out of nowhere. Drove me nuts!!

If you take it to the dealer they will likely have to remove dash and replace a faulty evap can or something. I’d recommend it - I haven’t had the issue return since then.