Vibrations in driveline as a result of aftermarket springs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
The tires have been moved around. All the tires have been road force balanced. The spare was even swapped for a suspect problem tire. Rear springs are now factory springs. The vibration is still present. As the vehicle speed increases the vibration increases in frequency but does not increase in intensity.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The tires have been moved around. All the tires have been road force balanced. The spare was even swapped for a suspect problem tire. Rear springs are now factory springs. The vibration is still present. As the vehicle speed increases the vibration increases in frequency but does not increase in intensity.
If it only happened after the spring installation you need to focus there. Were all the the fasteners properly removed and reinstalled and torqued to specifications? The front control arms need to be torqued with the weight of the truck on the suspension. The front CV angles will
also be way out of spec with a 2.5” lift.

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
If it only happened after the spring installation you need to focus there. Were all the the fasteners properly removed and reinstalled and torqued to specifications? The front control arms need to be torqued with the weight of the truck on the suspension. The front CV angles will
also be way out of spec with a 2.5” lift.
The springs have been on the truck for almost 11k miles. Installation was done at a reputable off road shop here in DFW. Alignment was done at the dealer after the installation. Really don’t think the springs have anything to do with the issue.

Morrisabm

Reaction score
I too have a vibration that just started randomly on a 2018 SCREW. I’ve had tires road forced balanced and it did not change the issue. I’ve replaced a wheel hub due to turning to the left lessened the vibration and turning right it increased its intensity. Still present. Checked front and rear axle fluid, good, checked front and rear driveshafts, both appear good. Have collars up front and Deaver springs out back both over stock height but for several thousand miles and several off-road trips. Both front half shafts appear good and when turning the tires with or without axles engaged results in zero suspect noise at the slow speed I can spin them. It started while driving down the interstate, not after an off-road trip and I still haven’t pinpointed the vibration. When the truck cycles suspension up and down at freeway speeds it comes and goes. 4A or 2H changes nothing in the vibration at any point. If you find anything please post and I’ll do the same.

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
I too have a vibration that just started randomly on a 2018 SCREW. I’ve had tires road forced balanced and it did not change the issue. I’ve replaced a wheel hub due to turning to the left lessened the vibration and turning right it increased its intensity. Still present. Checked front and rear axle fluid, good, checked front and rear driveshafts, both appear good. Have collars up front and Deaver springs out back both over stock height but for several thousand miles and several off-road trips. Both front half shafts appear good and when turning the tires with or without axles engaged results in zero suspect noise at the slow speed I can spin them. It started while driving down the interstate, not after an off-road trip and I still haven’t pinpointed the vibration. When the truck cycles suspension up and down at freeway speeds it comes and goes. 4A or 2H changes nothing in the vibration at any point. If you find anything please post and I’ll do the same.
It’s nice to have a dealership with knowledgeable techs. The first dealer I worked with was a joke. Just found out what the source of the vibration is. The pinion bearing on the front differential has failed. Not sure of the cause of the failure but that’s the source. A full rebuild is needed including a new gear set.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s nice to have a dealership with knowledgeable techs. The first dealer I worked with was a joke. Just found out what the source of the vibration is. The pinion bearing on the front differential has failed. Not sure of the cause of the failure but that’s the source. A full rebuild is needed including a new gear set.
$$$