Vibrations in driveline as a result of aftermarket springs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XwerX

Reaction score
For those that have aftermarket spring installed, have you noticed vibrations that start around 58mph? I have Geiser springs installed front and rear and have a weird vibration. The truck has been at the dealer for a week and today I was informed of the following…

“Yes they found some things - so you have aftermarket springs on the vehicle and with the 2.5 inch lift on the vehicle it changed the pinion angle of factory specs of .5 to a 7.2 degree angle which is causing the vibration you are feeling with the vehicle. If you convert it back to stock we can reevaluate the vehicle but at this time there is nothing further that can be done until it is back to stock. You are not being charged for the diag to get it looked at.”

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I mean they’re probably right. Pinion angle increase of 7 degrees is high. 1-3 is fine . Tail shaft to pinion @ 7 is high asf. Does it get worse with flex?

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
I know a 7 degree increase is high. I find it odd that a Geiser spring changes the angle that much. I haven’t noticed the vibration getting worse with flex.

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a 7 degree increase is high. I find it odd that a Geiser spring changes the angle that much. I haven’t noticed the vibration getting worse with flex.
Its my first ifs truck but axle from front diff to hubs is where the increase is most prevalent.

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
Is this a known issue with Geiser springs?

Honestly I don’t think the springs are the issue. I have many years of building and troubleshooting modified trucks. I feel this is the easy way out for this particular dealer.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lifting does change alignment a little so could just need to be realigned a tiny bit. For anything beyond stock I never trust dealers to do that right.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Probably will need some adjustable rear upper control arms to dial it back in. Kind of surprised 2.5" lift resulted in 7 degree change though. Maybe throw a bunch of weights in the bed, or whatever, and see if dropping it back down smooths it out.

OP
OP
X

XwerX

Reaction score
The dealer was just trying to blame the rear springs on the vibration. I swapped the factory springs back onto the truck and the issue is still present. My instinct says the driveshaft is out of balance.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My next move would be to rotate the tires front to back. If it makes no change, then yes I would assume driveshaft balance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter