2018, 10 speed auto into 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smoothie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, honestly, this is hot rodding in the new millennium. More about code, than bolts.
Are you a software engineer or super hacker? If so you could have a shop throw in a 10 speed and you could try to make it work by hacking into the ecm.

Is that what you are wanting to do, or would you want a shop to do the hardware and software?

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Are you a software engineer or super hacker? If so you could have a shop throw in a 10 speed and you could try to make it work by hacking into the ecm.

Is that what you are wanting to do, or would you want a shop to do the hardware and software?

I would have to have someone else do it, I’m looking at the feasibility right now, it will bolt in and could potentially work if someone knew how to flash or completely reprogram the ECU, I find it interesting to say the least, and with what we will be up against as hot riders in the future, this may in fact become the norm?

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013, I’ve been kicking around some ideas, 10 speed, or a Gen 2 Coyote with a 10 speed? To me the 6.2 is a solid power plant, that I think could be better if kept in the meat of its power, the 10 speed does wonders for the eco, and the 5.0 liter had the 10 speed, why not the 6.2, just kicking out ideas.
Thanks

Did you try the T/H button on the shifter?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My 6.2 has a Whipple. It's in the "meat of its power" whenever it's running. Bonus - Whipple is cheaper than a custom 10 speed swap. And it's already proven to work.

Crash33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the easy way, I’m wanting do this normally aspirated. I’ve supercharged many vehicles and have one now, but that’s easy, I want to do this the old way through gears and other methods.

...wants to go "old school"... you know, like a 10 speed tranny.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
...wants to go "old school"... you know, like a 10 speed tranny.

Controlled by computers. Lol. So old school. Because everyone knows forced induction is brand new and not old school at all.

Everyone knows in the 70's people were swapping in ten speeds and computers.

OP
OP
M

mstennes

Reaction score
Controlled by computers. Lol. So old school. Because everyone knows forced induction is brand new and not old school at all.

Everyone knows in the 70's people were swapping in ten speeds and computers.

Old school on a new vehicle, where allot of hot rodding was done through transmission and gear swaps. Granted the new is gone with damn computers, but that is where we are now, and no I don’t like it, but you can’t deny the performance created.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter