Urban Raptor??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My name is Dan. I'm currently in dental school in Richmond, VA. I have a '11 Infiniti G37 right now, but want to get into something with a V8. I narrowed it down to E9x M3 or a raptor, but the costs of repair on the beamer has kind of pushed me away.

I like the raptor, but I'm afraid it will become a burden when it comes to all the street parking I have to do at home. I'm afraid it will be hard to find spots big enough to fit it (I'd want a supercrew).

Won't have issues operating in tight areas, i've had some wide vehicles before. Had a 08 6.4 on 7" and 37's and a 06 6.0 on 20x12. Just kind of worried about parking becoming a pain because I have a truck vs a small car.

Any input is appreciated, and if anyone is in the Richmond, VA area and would like to meet up that'd be awesome!

Went to look at a raptor earlier this week at a local ford dealer but it was pretty beat. The batteries were dead couldn't even start it.

CineSLR

Roaming Shutterbug
Reaction score
Get the supercab and never look back. There is a lot more room in the SCabs than you think. You get used to the size but its not THAT long, just wide. My truck has been basically maintenance free (minus scheduled stuff) since new in 2011 (has 56k on the clock). Was able to get 50k out of stock tires and brakes. Its a bit on the thirsty side but worth it.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup Scab is easy to park just the width is a pain sometimes but not a big deal.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea. I'm just not a fan of the looks of the supercab unfortunately. Had 3 ford trucks and they've all been 4 doors. If I get a raptor it will have to be a supercrew.

Was really hoping I would have someone local that I could ask about their experiences

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

how much longer is the screw than the scab? a foot or so?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, a foot or so, parking isn't a big deal. I always find a spot, I never. Park close, always park where nobody else does, at the opposite end of a mall, store! All the fatties park close, get some exercise and walk a bit!

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, lot parking doesn't bother me. I always tend to park in the back. I'm in dental school and I pay to park in an open lot right now vs a parking garage so that'd be fine too. Just when I'm home it's all street parking. If I get home early there are tons of huge spots to take close by. But if I come home late (which I normally do because I work out after school so usually like 7-8 pm getting home) spots can be slim pickings sometimes. And late on weekends there are virtually no spots

Usually people where I live leave pretty big spots, but idk what I would do on nights where everything is packed and I can't find a spot big enough to fit the truck. Chances are i'd find a spot eventually, just might be 6 blocks away. Just worries me. I don't like parking my vehicle so far from my house. I like to be able to look out and see someones not messing with it.

I think worst case scenario is I have to park 2-3 blocks farther away from my house than usual sometimes. Which isn't that bad

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

getting used to the size wouldn't be too hard. compared to my other trucks this one is pretty small haha. definitely huge compared to the car I drive now though!

7hRyUsT.jpg

kpeuudm.jpg

Last edited:

mike.s

Reaction score
Just make your own parking spot.

18bsg0zfpjr1cjpg.jpg

And get an aftermarket alarm system like the Viper with Smart Start (works with your smart phone).

OP
OP
O2ShootTheJ

O2ShootTheJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha I like your style! Actually have the Viper w/ Smart Start on my G right now. It's okay. basically just use it when i can't remember if I locked my car or not.