Raptor Regret?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DemonGT

Reaction score
Iv always had V8 F150s but have always wanted a Raptor. Does anyone regret buying a Raptor with the ecoboost? Im afraid ill miss the sound of a V8. How does the ecoboost feel compared to a V8 F150?

Are there any other things that people found out after they purchased that they didn't like about the Raptor prior to purchasing?

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s really the wrong question, the reason most of us bought raptors regardless of the engine was for the suspension. The Raptor having the most powerful engines in the lineup was just a plus.

I prefer the v6 from my previous v8 truck purely for high altitude and staying in 10th gear on the hwy 99% of the time.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would you regret buying the most powerful and best performing F-150? Raptors are not ideal for towing or hauling due to the suspension, so if that’s what you need in a truck, Raptor is not for you. They’re also 6” wider than a standard F-150, which may be a consideration depending on where you live, work, park, etc.

As far as powertrain, the EcoBoost and 10 speed is perfectly matched to the Raptor; it’s incredibly fast and efficient for a vehicle of its weight and size.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're afraid you'll miss the sound of a V8, you're going to miss the sound of a V8. Plenty of examples of that here in the forum. Figure out your priorities and then decide whether they line up with the truck. We can't do that for you. For example, if you ask me, I'd pay extra to have the TTV6 instead of a V8. But you're not me....

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a 2017 EcoBoost Raptor, missed the V8 sound. Bought and drove 100k miles in a Ram TRX. Didn’t miss the V8 sound in that. Back to a 37pp EcoBoost, 26k miles on it so far…don’t miss the V8 sound. And actually, I’ve realized it was never so much about the v8 sound. It was more, I didn’t like the sound on the 2017 Raptor. But now, I have a quiet exhaust mode, and I love it.

OP
OP
D

DemonGT

Reaction score
I do not tow or haul. Are the tires loud on the highway?

I do have two Mustang's that can scratch my V8 itch.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Iv always had V8 F150s but have always wanted a Raptor. Does anyone regret buying a Raptor with the ecoboost? Im afraid ill miss the sound of a V8. How does the ecoboost feel compared to a V8 F150?

Are there any other things that people found out after they purchased that they didn't like about the Raptor prior to purchasing?
There's got to be some rental car outfit that could let you live with a G2 Raptor for a week and see if it actually suits you. I should have waited and found a way to rent both a G1 and G2 to compare living with them.