Upstate NY Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tall Mike

Reaction score
Hello again members.

Going to look at a 2013 with 56k miles on it tomorrow asking price is $41956

What I have is this
-one owner it was originally sold new by the dealer that has it now
-spotless Car Fax no wrecks or other issues showing
-Car Fax shows service was all done by that dealer
-best I can tell it is pretty close to fully loaded, nav, sun roof, heated/cooled seats, etc

I asked about shocks and rust.......Sales manager says shocks have not been rebuilt, but they would work with me on that...As for rust he said "clean unit"..
I forgot to ask about remaining warranty though....my bad

As an ex-Jeeper I know what to look for underneath for signs of abuse, as a current long haul trucker/car hauler I know where to look for exterior damage.

The wild card in this whole thing is I'm trying to trade off my 2011 F250 Lariat with Carli lift...So far the dealers haven't been to keen on taking in my lifted truck even though it is mint.

What else should I ask about and what do you guys think of the asking price ?

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure about the clean unit comment!? We are in upstate NY! Make sure 4wd doesn't skip or bang, many have had IWE problems. Hope it works out for you

OP
OP
Tall Mike

Tall Mike

Reaction score
Not sure about the clean unit comment!? We are in upstate NY! Make sure 4wd doesn't skip or bang, many have had IWE problems. Hope it works out for you����

Thanks for the heads up on the 4wd.

The fact it appears to have lived its life in upstate NY concerns me !

OP
OP
Tall Mike

Tall Mike

Reaction score
Apparently his definition of "clean unit" and mine are not quite the same..

Definitely showed the signs of western NY winters...

Also found a few small scuffs, a few scratches, and a dent in the rear bumper..

They offered to run it thru the body shop and fix everything, I declined.

The search continues..

woodro

Reaction score
I'm from long island ny , i just bought a extremely clean 2012 screw ,45k miles . the used prices near me are crazy , low mile 2013's go for $48k -$52k . A 2012 with 86k miles just sold near me for 37k .
good luck with your search , looked at a bunch that looked clean but were a mess underneath , northeast winters are hard on trucks .

OP
OP
Tall Mike

Tall Mike

Reaction score
I'm from long island ny , i just bought a extremely clean 2012 screw ,45k miles . the used prices near me are crazy , low mile 2013's go for $48k -$52k . A 2012 with 86k miles just sold near me for 37k .
good luck with your search , looked at a bunch that looked clean but were a mess underneath , northeast winters are hard on trucks .

Yeah no doubt !

The prices aren't any better upstate either.....Low 40's for 2013's, 2014's are mid 40's and on up..

I may just go regular F150 Lariat and build it into a pre-runner look a like.