Looking at two separate Vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i found two black Raptors at the same dealership, one is a 2011 and one is a 2012. I ran the Car Fax on them and the 2012 came back with a Manufacturer Buyback or Lemon reported on the title. It doesn't specify why, so i'm not sure what to link about this. I'm leaning towards avoiding it because of this, but I'd like to see what others think.

The second truck is a 2011 with less miles, but again the car fax shows that there was major work done to it by the dealer that is selling it. The rear crankshaft oil seal and the transmission were replaced. The vehicle also came from Canada originally so i think i may avoid this one too.

Thoughts?

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much are they asking for the 11 & the 12? Yeah, no one wants a truck with issues, but for the right price and the right warranty, it becomes a business decision

OP
OP
M

Matt C.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the 2012 they wanted $39,980, and the 2011 they wanted $41,987. Both didn't come with a warranty either, so i would have had to buy one separately. Meanwhile, the 2013 i posted about earlier is still for sale and is listed at $42990 with a ford certified warranty. I may go with the 13, but i was still exploring my options.

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hold off a bit and get a Gen 1 when the Gen 2 is released - the money saved will be more than enough for some suspension goodies.