Looking at this 22 - Is this too good to be true?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at this truck

When you google the VIN - it comes up it was involved with some kind of auction. I don't see a salvage title or anything.

This is for my buddy in FL - I am doing the investigation though (I don't need 2 Raptors!)

Kronos2300

Reaction score
What the guys above are saying. Looking at the Carfax, it looks like the vehicle was first sold in NY, then made its way to PA, then back to that same dealer in NY. Sounds like a Repo. (Carfax)

Regardless, the dealer in FL seems to have gotten it and did the Gold Certification, and the Carfax overall looks clean. Your buddy should go test drive it and make sure there’s no issues with it; after all, online pictures lie.

nltruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price seems reasonable as well. New 2023a going for $86-87K, I’d expect a 1 year old one to be discounted vs that. It’s also got 22K miles. FWIW if it were me I’d just buy new at MSRP and avoid any potential headache / troubles

Hal993

Reaction score
It has the appropriate amount of stickers. Torsen, 37s. Agree with the "drive it, check it, buy it" advice.

If financing, I would get - at least - powertriain coverage through Ford on this - If your buddy has reserve to "self insure" for engine/drivetrain failures, GooseTune it, and enjoy it how Ford Perf engineers wish they could have sent it from the factory.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has the appropriate amount of stickers. Torsen, 37s. Agree with the "drive it, check it, buy it" advice.

If financing, I would get - at least - powertriain coverage through Ford on this - If your buddy has reserve to "self insure" for engine/drivetrain failures, GooseTune it, and enjoy it how Ford Perf engineers wish they could have sent it from the factory.
Gold Certified gives it an 100,000 Mile powertrain warranty.

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pricing is definitely on the lower end but doesn't seem too good to be true, seems pretty in line with the current market IMO.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What the guys above are saying. Looking at the Carfax, it looks like the vehicle was first sold in NY, then made its way to PA, then back to that same dealer in NY. Sounds like a Repo. (Carfax)

Regardless, the dealer in FL seems to have gotten it and did the Gold Certification, and the Carfax overall looks clean. Your buddy should go test drive it and make sure there’s no issues with it; after all, online pictures lie.
Sound advice here and the best thing to do…get eyes on the truck. Pics could be misleading. In a thread a year or two ago, a member here was working a deal for a Raptor. When he arrived at the dealer, he saw the infotainment center had been ripped out and some other issues. Needless to say he was pissed as it was a complete waste of his time. Not saying this is the case here…just get eyes on if he can.

Last edited: