About to buy! Is this a good deal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03Cobraraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rust could be an issue with where it’s been it’s entire life
I would drive 3,000 miles just to make sure a 30k purchase is represented what it seems to be.
Go check it out

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I bought one sight seen and I still wish I spent more time with it before I got it. These aren't just F150's and really need a good amount of time to sift through.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I conned my neighbor into driving 400 miles with me the day after Christmas to check out a Gen 1. Spent 10 minutes looking at it on a rack before the test drive. The interior was spotless, there was very minimal rust underneath and no evidence of the truck being hammered on. The shocks were original so I knew they needed to be replaced (but I also knew there's a lot of options with Raptor shocks).... so I bought it and we drove back home. The only major issue I discovered after sending engine, transmission and rear diff oil to Blackstone Laboratories was lots of metal in the trans fluid.
Long-distance purchases of a used Raptor are risky because of the things you cannot test at a dealership. But a Gen 1 Raptor holds it's KBB value far better than any other pickup truck in America. If you're in it for the long haul, keep it maintained, and don't do any crazy mods there will ALWAYS be buyers looking for one when you want to sell it.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Gen2 was out of my price range and I've already got a 3.5 ecoboost in my daily driver. It's great but that exhaust note....
Ultimately, EVERYONE driving a G2 will tell you "you'll get used to the engine sound. NO ONE driving a G1 says "you'll get tired of the engine sound".

Reaction score
This led me to buy mine 100%, the "regular car review" one is the polar opposite of this lmao.
RCR is such a negative ass. Everything is awful. Doug doesn't know shit about trucks, and his new reviews have really fallen off after he sold Cars and Bids. But I have watched this video as it's an older one, and he is dead on point about these trucks maintaining value compared to other trims. It's just crazy!

Reaction score
The Gen2 was out of my price range and I've already got a 3.5 ecoboost in my daily driver. It's great but that exhaust note....
Ultimately, EVERYONE driving a G2 will tell you "you'll get used to the engine sound. NO ONE driving a G1 says "you'll get tired of the engine sound".
I had a 2011 with a 3.5 EB bought new and loved the power but they don't have the sound. I'm gonna say when driving this truck I've never said to myself "I sure wish this truck had 19 more horsepower and sounded like a beehive". Are Gen 2s faster? Hell yeah by quite a bit with the extra power and lighter weight. But I've never felt like my 2013 was lacking, and I trust in it completely even with 167k miles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter