F350 Platinum or Raptor? Apples to Oranges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the market for a new truck and have it narrowed down between the f350 platinum or Raptor. I currently have an 08 F350 king ranch and love having a big truck with power and luxury but do miss the fun factor and ride comfort of a smaller truck. Have any of you ever owned a luxury super duty before your raptors? If so, give me some pros/cons of your experiences.

Fuel economy is not really any different, the ride in a 1ton is good until you go over any bumps and raptors are a little bit cheaper. I also just sold my baby that I've been working on and racing for the past 6yrs (04 SVT cobra mystichrome) so I really miss having a SVT! Lol

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you don't need to tow than the choice is simple! Get the Raptor :waytogo:

I agree. If you don't have a specific use for the super duty then go with the raptor. You'll be happier.

Plus I've never heard of a super duty Snoball, havoc, trr, etc. You'll have a lot more fun in the raptor.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I came from a 2500HD Silverado with all the bells and whistles and creature comforts. Do I miss it? Yes. Just as a personal preference, I loved driving that beast!!! Plenty of room and power to spare. I used it for mild off roading simply because I had a sand rail and Dirtbike to have my fun with. No need to do Raptor stuff with it.

Fast forward a year

I am now the proud owner of a modded out Craptor. I love it. LITERALLY EVERY DAY people stare at it. The cool factor has improved 10 fold. I'm learning more and more off roading each time I go out.

Do I miss my giant truck? Absolutely. Am I happy I have my Raptor? Absolutely. Am I confusing you? Absolutely.

Just go with what your heart wants. After all, it's your money you worked hard for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

OP
OP
R

RazorSVT

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies so far guys. No I won't be towing anything too substantial for the new couple years. I originally bought my f350 to tow my 28' enclosed car hauler but I just sold that with my cobra. I can't believe what a tough decision this has been for me, I've been researching both and going back and forth for a month. I test drove a 2014 f350 platinum but not a raptor yet, I think my next days off I will.

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your up in Fort Mac, working on any of the service roads or anything I think you would definitely appreciate the Raptor. It's super comfortable on and offroad.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer the way the raptor rides to any pickup weather its a 1/2 or 1 ton. If u dont need to tow big go raptor. Also u can start hitting up some of these runs and really have some fun!

Test drive one and u will feel the difference

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk