Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MackAttack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what you mean, open it up. When I got there and pulled into the service bay it took 10 minutes to get it into a gear enough to drive it out. They couldn't believe I drove there. Then the next day, all my warning lights were on and it was throwing multiple errors. Then the next day the computer wasnt even receiving power. Then the weekend so it sat for 2 days. Today its fine. They dont even know what is wrong and where to begin.

INI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have a chip or programmer? i have ( had ) a 5 star blah blah chip on it and it snaps and smacks the drive shaft all the time...almost violent like i broke something or was hit....FYI my dealer said the # 1 thing that ford looks for is a programmer and undercarriage to void warranties. Hence i took my Tuner off and i am waiting for Hennessy to build a "factory setup" :)

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dropped my truck off at the dealership because of hard shifts and the occasional bang upon downshifting. They just called and let me know the "megtronix" (sp) was failing and would need to be replaced. They say they dont know what caused it but there were several codes when they scanned the transmission.

Hope to have it back on Tuesday.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called again today and they were still working on it. Said the part is in and should be back together tomorrow. I told them I HAD to have it no later than Thursday for the Raptor Run.

I'll let you know how it goes.

OP
OP
Hocker52

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok had my truck back for a few days now. Wanted to give it some time to see how it acted. The seal on the front pump of the tranny was leaking so it was replaced. They said nothing else was wrong with it. After driving it for a few days it not sticking in the gears like it was. Its still shifting hard when doing about 60 and giving it gas to pass. Still feeling the clunks in the low gears from a stop. Something sure feels wrong with it. Maybe I should just get the 5star tune and be done with it.

whisler151

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it turns out the main control unit in the trans was going bad. There were a few bad solenoids too. They replaced the bad parts, flushed the fluid and she is good as new.