Remove Objects Near Passenger Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Lmao. Better listen to the truck john.

Anything hitting the seat? I believe people have had issues in the past with stuff in the back seat getting shoved underneath.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ALF: "Hey, hey, hey. We're treading on some pretty serious ground, here. These unjust accusations have litigation written on them. I know my rights. I watch people's court."

Lol lets just say mine are off now.

Last edited:

BABaracus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that issue and there was nothing under the seat. They ended up replacing the seat track as well as some under the seat wiring under warranty and it has never returned.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is most likely an issue with the occupant sensor. I am not familiar with the Ford design, but there a many types. Some a mats placed between the cushion pad and suspension, some on top of the pad, and some a strain gages located on the seat tracks. All are meant to read a change in mass on the seat and adjust the airbag deployment time, or activate the airbag if it is a single stage. Broken lift mechanism will change the load path and distribution, which would cause this fault. Also some seat tracks have position sensors in combination with a weight sensor, this can further revise airbag deployment timing. This could be a latent error (told to store or always stay on) and a reflash may resolve the issue. Otherwise there could be damage to the mass sensor itself.

I just have not looked in a while, and don't have my contacts to that seat product anymore, but hopefully this helps a bit.