Heated seat doesn’t work but light stays on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi first time poster but long time lurker. I’ve got a 2011 screw that I’ve had for 2 or so years now. The heated seat on the passenger side works great but the driver side hasn’t worked since I bought it. My issue is the light stays on when you press it for the driver side, every issue I’ve seen with a heating pad the light goes off after a few seconds because it detects a short but mine stays on and just doesn’t heat up. I’ve checked the connectors and added dielectric grease to all the connectors under the drivers seat thinking it might be a loose pin. I checked voltage going to the seat pad connector and got a low voltage read but that could have been because I wasn’t getting a good connection with the pins. Hoping I can fix it as it’s getting cold locally and having a nice heated seat in the morning would be great. Any suggestions on what to check next? Couldn’t find any fuses or relays for just the drivers side heated seat element or I’d check those. Thank you!

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with heated seat issues. How many miles? What does the seat look like? Odds are the seat elements.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said prius with heated seat issues. How many miles? What does the seat look like? Odds are the seat elements.
174,*** miles, seat is in good condition no tears or damage to it, wiring is good under it as well as far as I can see.

OP
OP
L
Reaction score
Run an ohms test on the seat element. Might have an open.
Between which wires on the connector? I ran an ohm test on it first to check for an open and got continuity between the grey wires but I don’t think I got any on the red to black.